• Announcements

• olyclimber

WELCOME TO THE CASCADECLIMBERS.COM FORUMS   02/03/18

We have upgraded to new forum software as of late last year, and it makes everything here so much better!  It is now much easier to do pretty much anything, including write Trip Reports, sell gear, schedule climbing related events, and more. There is a new reputation system that allows for positive contributors to be recognized,  it is possible to tag content with identifiers, drag and drop in images, and it is much easier to embed multimedia content from Youtube, Vimeo, and more.  In all, the site is much more user friendly, bug free, and feature rich!   Whether you're a new user or a grizzled cascadeclimbers.com veteran, we think you'll love the new forums. Enjoy!
Sign in to follow this  
olyclimber

Skiiers vs snowboarders

with the exception of alta and some place in new england, that skier vs snowboarder crap is non existent thank god.   Plenty of mixed crews ripping the terrain and the terrain park is definately being done well by skiers now.   it is all fun.

I suppose there are a few old school grumpy outliers still but who really cares what they think?

6 hours ago, Rad said:

Boarding is just cooler. Period.

Travis Rice in Alaska

Skip to 2:30 for the best sequences.

@Rad   did you know that if you paste the full Youtube URL into a post it embeds the video?   Like this...

• Like 1

2 hours ago, genepires said:

I suppose there are a few old school grumpy outliers still but who really cares what they think?

yeah this was just bizarre time trip that showed up in my Youtube list for some reason...check out the old boards!  And this is Canadian....

who would have thought that canadians can be rude?  I would have thought a typical confrontation be as such

patrol "hey eh, skiboarding is not allowed on our property, eh"

boarder "fuck off man, eh!"

patroler "well I see you are really passionate about this skiboarding thing so lets just go ahead and let you do it, EH.   here have some fries and poutine, eh"

That looks like a old video and attitudes have changed, except at Alta of course.

I think there's little doubt that snowboarding had revitalized cash flow to ski areas. (I'm not a snowboarder by the way.)

With the invention of the splitboard, opinions in the backcountry also have changed because skier skin  tracks getting post holed by snowshoes or boots is less common these days.

I remember back in the early 80s when I first got into leather boots and skinny Telemark skis, a few alpine skiers would approach me to tell me my turns were too wide and that maybe I should stay out of the ski areas and head  off-piste.

It's not the snowboards or even the Telemark skis that were the problem.

Attitude is everything.

I remember trying out a snowboard in the mid 80s.  The ski area where I went didn't care.  It did take a little time to self teach yourself.

Snowboards are cool just not my preferred technique.

If you want to be really cutting edge there are always Snowfeet

https://youtu.be/-o3vZcLvZiE

The NW never seemed to have that skier/boarder schism. I skied for at least 15 years but had no gift for it; I never put them back on after the first time I went snowboarding. Eventually my skis and boots went to the Goodwill. 

yesterday was a very very good day to be on a single plank.  classic cascade concrete.  6 inches of new @34F.   :)

True, you can have a lot of fun on a snowboard in crappy slushy snow

• Like 1

ski is good for the beginners which the hardest thing to control is the friction and slippery on snow. But when you get use to that and move on to snowboarding, you will feel more comfortable

4 hours ago, Benjiex said:

Boarding is for people who are into adrenaline rush games.

isn't that everyone?

you have never seen me snowboard.  there is no rushing and def no adrenaline.  I think I lost that gland 10 years ago.

• Like 1

Guys, you know you can do both at the same time? Don't limit yourself!

monoski_post_card.jpg

Even if you're a knee dropper, there's a single stick out there for you!

IMG_1375.jpg

• Like 1
  • LMAO 1

19 hours ago, BootsandPants said:

Guys, you know you can do both at the same time? Don't limit yourself!

monoski_post_card.jpg

Even if you're a knee dropper, there's a single stick out there for you!

IMG_1375.jpg

I agree with you!