Pub Club 1/28

Dave_Schuldt

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

When the Stupid Bowl hangover is under control we need to think about where we are going to drink. Sounds like it's the New Orleans. bigdrink.gifbigdrink.gifbigdrink.gifbigdrink.gif

or some place else.

I checked and they have a band playing at the NO on tuesday; there isn't a cover though.

Edited by AlpineK

I stopped by the New Orleans last night. There are 2 rooms: the north room has a stage in the front 3rd and tables beyond. The south room is divided from the north room by a long wall with an opening as wide as 2 doors at the east end. There is an area in the front closest to the street with what I'd say is plenty of room for a typical CC pub club. In this area, you won't be able to see the stage so the line of music is not direct. There is a TV too Matt. I was in Hattie's Hat also yesterday and to me the New Orleans is a much better place than that. I don't know about the non-smoking thing, but the ceilings are really tall and have fans. It's a nice place.

So unless anyone has some seriously compelling reason to Not go, I thinks it's worth a try! I don't know what time the band will start, but I know there is no cover charge and it's Swing type music...so come on girls, bring yer dancin' shoes!!! V, Jules, time to crawl out from under those rocks! If you don't show, I might end up dancing with Fendell!

BTW, on Tuesday, Feb 4, The Pyramid Alehouse at 1201 1st Ave is featuring Tilt-A-Pint night with live Celtic Music, pint specials and Scottish food and more.

Now if you do't like the sounds of that, then the only other place I can think of is the Deja' Vu!!

Edited by David_Parker

Dave's only memory of pub club was the lack of smoke. hahaha.gifhahaha.gif

I liked the New Orleans, however last call was at 11PM which screwed over the late arrivers.

The Pyramid place might be alright, but having Pub Club in the same part of town 2 weeks in a row is wrong, wrong, wrong.

It was nice to see Jim!

It was nice to meet with some of the cc people. Really good to hear some of Wayne's ideas for ice climbing places. Maybe we can get him to post a picture of the Colonial Cr. Cirque stuff.

Of course you need to move the location around for pub club, but I loved the music and low smoke. Maybe in a month or two.

Catbird-

It has been nearly a year since we've been to the Eastside. Find an interesting place over there and then drum up some support so that some Eastsider's can be expected to show up. Hint: sports bars and fern bars have generally not been popular with this group.

Spanker speculated there has got to be some old-school Chinese restaurant with a bar in the back that might have some charm to it.