Fixed lines and draws taken

orion_sonya

Hi-

This is an invitation to the person(s) who removed fixed lines and draws from a Skagit County Crag to contact me personally. Myself and the other folks working out there would appreciate getting our gear back and would like to talk to you.

I understand leaving gear in situ while a crag is being developed can be a source of friction and I am interested in talking the issue through face to face.

If you see this thread, please send me a PM. If anyone knows who this person is, please point them to the thread or send me a PM and I will give you my email or phone number.

Thanks,

Orion

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

One man's project is another man's booty. Its a jungle out there. I remember one time when i was a kid, my friend left his bike unlocked outside the arcade. When he came back it was gone. Lesson learned. Its a cold, heartless world we live in. That being said, i hope you get your shit back.

One man's project is another man's booty. Its a jungle out there. I remember one time when i was a kid, my friend left his bike unlocked outside the arcade. When he came back it was gone. Lesson learned. Its a cold, heartless world we live in. That being said, i hope you get your shit back.
I remember one time, when I was a young kid, maybe 6 or 7. I was at the restaurant with my family and when I came back from the bathroom, I found money on the table. Wow, score! Then, another table had money. Holy cow, must be my lucky day. Turns out, almost all the messy tables had free money that someone "lost". Who'd a thunk I could be so lucky?...

...were you in Yosemite once, and there were hundreds if not thousands of asswipes leaving all of their trash laying all around, tents, lanterns, camp chairs, books, eyeglasses on picnic tables, etc etc.....sorry, joking.

Good luck getting it back, recently up here, some assjack cut someones rope they'd left coiled on top of a cliff 98 percent through and then left it. It was pretty close to murder but it got caught by the climber at the last moment....

Thats really a drag. The people involved in the development of the Skagit crags are doing a great job and putting up fine lines out of their own pockets, and I'm sure having their ropes and draws stolen is a setback to the progress that the area is seeing right now.

I started thinking this year about starting a fund for hangers and anchors and such for the people who are developing the area. Any Skagit area climbers interested?

Thanks everyone for the comments.

The loss of gear is inconvenient, but replaceable. I think there is enough collective motivation among the developers to not let it slow us down too much.

Also, no one yet has contacted me and I haven not learned anything more about the motivation or intentions of the mystery vigilante or perhaps bandit. So, another invitation, if email or phones do not suite you, I will be at the cliff this weekend and you are welcome to meet me there.

Thanks again,

Orion

Orion, you might need to cast your net a little wider. I estimate your chances of contacting the parties responsible for removing your gear via cc.com are fairly slim. Whoever did it would have to

a) be aware that this forum existed,

b) actually read this thread,

c) have the desire to respond to your post.

Even assuming (a) and (b) were true, there is a big leap to ©.

Don't rule out the 99.9% of the population that doesn't read cc.com.

This thread brings back some memories of a similar conversation that happened in the days before you joined. Someone was hiking up to Der Toof and spotted the fixed gear left on a route at the Rap Wall. The poo-flinging that ensued was epic. Do a little historical research on that thread and you may be enlightened. Heck, you may even get some leads on who took your gear. Good luck recovering the aluminum and nylon.

Fromage, I suspect your estimation is accurate, but I thought I might as well try.

I will take your advice and try to broaden the scope of outreach and look into the Rap Wall thread.

Also, my intentions are more to mitigate further friction than to get my gear back - although that would be nice too...

Thanks

Yes, this ticks me off too. Unfortunatley they are the local shit kickers who are taking them, I bet, and therefore karma will not bite them in the ass next time they are climbing on my old gear. Since hillbillys dont abide by no karma or no hippie ethics no how. Hope they can at least afford a 12 pack of PBR after they melt down the metal. Ammo is expensive you know. If it is a climber taking stuff then you'll get yours sooner or later.

Yes, this ticks me off too. Unfortunatley they are the local shit kickers who are taking them, I bet, and therefore karma will not bite them in the ass next time they are climbing on my old gear. Since hillbillys dont abide by no karma or no hippie ethics no how. Hope they can at least afford a 12 pack of PBR after they melt down the metal. Ammo is expensive you know. If it is a climber taking stuff then you'll get yours sooner or later.

From my experience "hillbillys" and "shit kickers" don't repel down rock faces to clean off gear left behind by someone else.