What's going on around here?

willstrickland

Even though I'm rotting in the southeast, I still check in here once in a while. I've been asking myself lately "What the hell?"

1. Ray can't even make death threats without getting the post yanked? F*@&'in Lame!

2. This Dr. Flashing Anus: Why didn't this joker stay over at pussyboltclippers.com, or Smithsportos.com or whatever the hell that site was he used to frequent? The third-person writing is....you got it, F#$%&ing LAME.

A typical example: "Dr. Felch Arectum feels that tossing salad is a prerequisite for a successful sport climbing weekend. The good doctor must consult with his man-bitch about this, but he feels it must be the case because he knows about these things."

3. Dru gets 2 stars? You gotta be kidding. He's probably the highest quality poster on the site and has beta when you need it regardless of how much he posts.

At least TG and Texplorer were crazy enough to try the Yocum in the fall and give us all some material for second-hand fear.

Flame me at will, I can take it. Here, I'll help you get started:

"Will, you're just some hack dirtbag who has an inflated ego and can't climb for shit regardless of the posing you do to try to convince people otherwise."

Get bent dickheads,

Will mad.gif

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Still trying to battle through that penis envy, eh, Will?

Tell you what, champ; why don't you quit cowering in the southeast so you can come home to the PNW and get bitch-slapped into belay slavery for Dr. Flash Amazing, which you really know you want, deep down. You'll cheer every time DFA tags the anchors on another proj', and you'll be overjoyed when the Doctor lets you lick his discarded Clif Bar wrappers. You can write home to mom every day and tell her how exciting it was when DFA ticked Blah Blah Hardroute, and then he let you carry his pack on the way out of the park.

'Cause honestly, holmes, the way you come creeping around, crying 'cause your buddy Ray got the shutdown for being el culo grande, it pretty much screams "insecurity," and a bed-wetting sycophant such as yourself needs nothing so much as the shadow of an infinitely more strong, sophisticated, and intelligent person to lurk in. There, in Dr. Flash Amazing's shadow (at least ten steps behind, naturally) you'd take comfort in having your place near someone useful and important, and maybe then you could start working through your leftover angst from the time the cool kids wouldn't let you play tag with them in the third grade.

Ciao,

Dr. Flash "Your Daddy" Amazing

I remeber some TR about top-roping a muddy crack at the columns, is this more noble than sport climbing?

are you picking on me???? cause sk is an oaky wink.gif follower (read: belay slave wink.gif), but I have never claimed to be anything else, except maybe super cute and sassy and a spray goddess wink.gif

and BTW I voted... I climb everything and I am glad to climb whatever and whenever I can...including at the gym. fruit.giffruit.giffruit.gif

"Cracked", he say:

"Honestly, I am not picking on you, only voicing my opinion that the general SportClimbingSucks attitude held by a few prominent individuals on this board is inherently ridiculous considering the intent of this board. Maybe they should start their own website: www.sportclimbingsucks.com.

It's all climbing, and it's all good in my book!"

At the request of my Icelandic brother, fleflebfleb, I would like to remind "Cracked" of a couple of things:

a) some of us genuinely think sport-climbing sucks. Some of us think it is a dumbing down, and one of the weakest manifestations, of a cool recreational activity. Some of us also deplore the the often cavalier and indiscriminate use of bolts that accompanies this style of climbing. I could go on and on but this discussion is an old, old, old one and I gather that many people are sick of it in a big way unless there is some real enthusiasm to dredge up the bolt wars topic again for this new year.

And why start a new web-site when we can just use this one to express the opinion you find annoying? Express an unpopular opinion in a democracy? I'm afraid that's something you'll just have to learn to tolerate. What a country!!! Meanwhile, most of us seem to be willing to read (and occasionally respond to) inane waxings on the subject of bouldering sit-starts, illusions of achievement resulting from unlimited rehersals of short bolted climbs, and so forth.

b) the expression "it's all good" is quickly becoming one of the most baseless and overused clichés ever. Rarely is anything "all good" and this sort of thinking can lead to serious lack of discernment. Wacking big pins into a clean crack? "It's all good!", Chipping holds? "It's all good!", Grid-bolting? "It's all good!"

No....some of us do not believe that it is "all good".

And re: the "I don't like your attitude so maybe you should go elsewhere!" stance....that is so p.c. Diversity is tolerated as long as it matches the party line.

I haven't seen too many trad climbers suggesting that sporto's take a hike...we just think they kinda suck and perhaps they will someday achieve enlightment and understand our position.

Have a nice day.

- Dwayner

just so no one is confused, I feel the need to point out that the collums are not a sport climbing venue, but a system of short topropeble cracks. It is a great place to learn to climb, and to learn to lead trad. If you read my trip report you will see that jk did indeed lead the first climb, and then we top roped smile.giffruit.gif

Edited by Muffy_The_Wanker_Sprayer

Dwayner, I see you point, and I have no objections to people voicing their opinions. You have a valid point about the "it's all good" phrase. I should have put it differently.

I cannot edit my previous posts anymore, so I cannot change what I didn't mean to say. So I'll have to qualitate my statement here. I do not find peoples' "sport climbing sucks" attitude inherently annoying. Indeed, my best climbing memories and favorite routes are most often in the mountains or trad lines. However, when people start verbally attacking others based on the type of climbing that they practice, I become annoyed. I have no desire to discuss bolting arguments. My only beef is with people who deliver personal attacks on others.

Believe me, I do not advocate bolts everywhere, and I agree that overbolting and indescriminate bolting are deplorable. Look at what happened to Flagstone in Oregon.

Again, it is not the opinion that I find annoying, it's the way that some people express that opinion. Telling DFA to fuck off and get his ass back to Smithrock.com is ridiculous. This is an example of what you say shouldn't happen. It's a climbing board. This might be an opinion, but the way it is delivered is, to me, offensive. Opinions are the spice of life, but let's try to remain civil. And if Fleb is who I think he is, we can argue about the merits of sport climbing at SG.

See you in the Mountains!

For example "Dr. Flashing Anus" "Doctor Felch Arectum" "Sexual Fagnutz" "Fagnutz Moderators" etc etc etc. Is this acceptable? I'd say this is more than just expressing an unpopular opinion. We're giving the moderators too much work. Disagree with me, but at least keep it from being deliberately offensive, inflammatory, or gratuitous.

deliberately offensive, inflammatory, or gratuitous.

this is what cc.com is about. saying what is on your mind instead of having to filter it threw what is normaly socialy acceptable. You don't have to like it. But I do. If cc.com gets to the point where I can no longer freely express my oppinions I will stop posting here. I get enough of the politacly correct don't hurt anyones feelings or say anything that might upset someone in the rest of the world. I guess I expect more of people who call themselves climbers. I expect here to meet those who are strong willed and strong minded and don't mesure themselves by what others think of them, but what they know themselves to be.

Rarely is anything "all good" and this sort of thinking can lead to serious lack of discernment. Wacking big pins into a clean crack? "It's all good!", Chipping holds? "It's all good!", Grid-bolting? "It's all good!"

No....some of us do not believe that it is "all good".

Discarded rap slings, v-thread cord, and fixed gear? "It's all good!" Tromping through the fragile alpine environment in gigantic boots? "It's all good!" Introducing human food to the wildlife? "It's all good!" Piss, shit, and dead climbers on/in the glaciers and into the formerly pristine water supply? "It's all good!"

No, some of us do not believe that just because you risk death doing it that it is "all good." tongue.gif

Although occasionally amusing, usually all this trad/sport sniping is tiresome, boring and useless. Constantly insulting one another is not going to change anyone's behavior. Do some of you honestly believe that if you heap enough opprobrium upon the sport climbers that they will suddenly "see the light" and convert to alpine climbing? How stupid! Why not criticize specific behaviors you find objectionable, for example, littering, damaging vegetation, rampant bolting? Let's hear about specific instances of these behaviors and maybe they can be changed. DFA's example of leaving slings behind on alpine climbs is a valid one. Things like this concern me. That's why last year when I climbed Wilman's Spire East, I carted away ten pounds of old rap slings. It was mass larger than a bowling ball! If you do a good turn for the climbing environment, let us hear about it.

Finally, if you feel you still have to get in your digs, at least do your best to make it funny. Name calling does not make for interesting reading. Back handed compliments can be quite amusing.