Cutting in Icicle Creek Canyon

Winter

RE-Well, I remember some Barry Blanchard comment to a Nepal liaison officer or some such, about the Rupal Face of Nanga Parbat being something like having sex with death. So there, that's as good as I can get you when it comes to a real alpinist. I'm just a weekend dabbler myself, try to mix it up when I can...

I climb all the gaper routes and sometimes they feel like Nanga Parbat shit. I still don't see DFA doing that so he's got to be more of a gaper shocked.gif

• Replies 255
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"You mean that economic stimulation measure that just about ever economist there is says "

which economists are these? The ones who don't understand tax revenue isn't static, or the role of tax avoidance in setting rediculous rates to begin with? Sounds like a bunch of Keynsian economists are crying in their beer again.

"but will it sort out whether eating at McD is the appropriate response to an inner, fundamental want?"

Maybe, maybe not. Since what is appropriate to any inner fundamental want is determined by each individual themselves, it may well be they're simply seeking a quick answer to one particular inner want.. hunger for a greasy snack!

it may well be they're simply seeking a quick answer to one particular inner want

are you saying that what matters is getting an answer, any answer, and not what the answer is? or is it that McD is the answer to a greasy fix?

well, first it was meant as a joke but why don't you oblige me and explain why my statement is revealing of not believing in personal freedom.

Don't you enjoy the freedom of choosing between McD, DQ, BK, etc ... wow! what diversity of choice (twisted fries, straight fries, curly fries, fries with green goop, fries with white goop, etc ...). You are right man! I am all for the freedom to choose what kind of fries you'll have today, tomorrow, the day after, and on ...

but perhaps we should discuss another food group: the hamburger. Now, you have the small, the medium, the big, the huge, with or without cheese, bacon and any other stuff you can imagine. Wow! I am floundering under so much freedom of choice.

Edited by j_b

Trask:

Did you know that there are people called "furries" who have the sexual perversion that they wish they were cartoon animals, and want to have sex with other cartoon animals? There is apparently a thriving market for mascot suits with crotch cutouts. snaf.gif