Cutting in Icicle Creek Canyon

Winter

JB,

...they're called PARENTS. And they make decisions for their children. I know pro-nanny government types like to put forth anti-freedom legislation by proclaiming loudly, "it's for the children!", but that line is getting pretty lame these days.

Liberals are apparently satisfied with their progress against "Big Tobacco" and are going forth with lawsuits against "big food". Sounds to me like you're just a tool for the trial lawers association.

• Replies 255
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

they're called PARENTS. And they make decisions for their children.

you have got to be kidding: what control do you think parents have over what their children do? I am not sure if you have kids, but anyhow I'll break it out to you, the parents word does not amount to much relative to TV or school peers, especially if the parents don't favor out of hand consumerism .... and there is nowhere to hide. In fact advertisers apparently have a word for it, it's called the nag factor. So what is it that you value most: a good relationship with your child or your common sense.

I'll admit that there is a BIG inconsistency when parents allow their kids to watch ultra-violent movies/video games, eat foods that are 90 to 100% fat, but will become outraged when a woman's breasts are bared on screen or for breast-feeding in public.

...just a product of our culture I guess... Killing=good. Sex=bad. Shitty Food=tasty.

But in the end, it's the parents choice to what degree they wish to expose their kids to such things. (within the law and "societal norms")

....run with it SC. cool.gif