New Years resolutions

To_The_Top

Well it is time for those resolutions for the New Year.

On a hike today with a climbing buddy and others we talked about climbs and things to do this next year.

Mostly for me it was pretty simple.

I want to do some climbs on Rainier, easy but undone.

Furious Finger

Kautz

Ingraham Direct

Other climbs that are easy:

Stuart, Shucksan, and many others I havent done.

-Get in better shape.

-Get better at rock climbing,

-Donate money to groups that help with climbing issues

-Write a letter to my Legistlator

-Learn more on issues that I care about

Anyway, any resulotions for the year 2003?

TTT bigdrink.gif

Oh yah, drink better beer!

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey, those sound great! I wanted to correct you though on that first route you had listed. It's actually Fuhrer Finger, named after Hans Fuhrer who first climbed it back on July 2, 1920. That route is the one with all the speed records as it is the shortest route to the top. That's an awesome list though. There's some really great routes on the west side of the mountain, too that aren't too technically difficult. They do require a little more committment though as they are a lot longer hike in. Cheers.

Dwayner's New Year's Resolutions:

- buy a new bouldering pad....I want the kind with the El-Cap meadows printed on them with mighty free-soloing Johnny Bachar jumping for a handfull.

- work on my sit-starts. I realize that this kind of thing is the future of mountaineering so if I wanna stay hip and contemporary, it's time to get down the gym and slide my butt in the gravel. I also hear that it's a great way to cure pinworms!

- get a new drill for my Bosch. So many cliffs, so few bolts!

- buy matching ski sweaters for me n' pope so that when we go climbing, people will think we are some sort of special team.

- talk some more about Big Lou.

- drink more Mickey's

bigdrink.gifbigdrink.gifbigdrink.gif

By the way, Dwayner's just returned from a couple of weeks in So. Cal., including "J-Tree". Can you say, Left Ski Track solo?* Can you say Equinox on top-rope?* Grit Roof?* and a couple dozen other classics?*

- Dwayner bigdrink.gifbigdrink.gifbigdrink.gif

* Yes, I'm sure you can say those things, but that didn't mean I climbed all that stuff....but then again....

- buy matching ski sweaters for me n' pope so that when we go climbing, people will think we are some sort of special team.

Dwanus, just as a friendly FYI, you may want to consider sweater-vests instead. Legendary sit-starter Chris Sharma wears one in the bouldering video 'Rampage', and he gets lots of babes, plus people carry his crash pad for him. Prana probably makes them, perhaps in a latte-resistant natural fiber/Lycra blend for easy beta miming and autograph signing.

Dwayner...its my guess you're getting burned off by junior kidz on plastic....sour grapes? That's ok...it'll take them 1/2 a season max to start burning you off on outdoor stuff at the crags....then you'll be evenly burned all over...just like a suntan!! HA HA HA

Hey, if its true about Equinox, congrats! Redpoint in the worx for a later trip?

Edited by RuMR