Obama and his Lying Issues

Fairweather

I wonder why people are so scared of single payer? We've had a single payer military and police force for quite some time -- seems to have worked OK

please stop making sense :)

you were right the first time too - for a frightening big chunk of this body politic, patriotism IS not giving a shit about anybody but you and yours

• Replies 591
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow, what a couple of holier-than-thou punks you and Rob. What part of it's too expensive did you miss? You understand, we're talking about nearly $11,000 per year, right? Could you afford it?

Sounds like you're getting milked by your insurance company. They loves them some high health care costs.

Wow, what a couple of holier-than-thou punks you and Rob. What part of it's too expensive did you miss? You understand, we're talking about nearly $11,000 per year, right? Could you afford it?

plenty of other civilized countries manage to make it happen without it costing their equivalent of $11K. and plenty as in all of the countries that have single payer healthcare.

where do you get the $11K number?

Sounds like you're getting milked by your insurance company. They loves them some high health care costs.

HELLOOoo....This is Obamacare, Washington State version. I'm getting milked by your program! Geeez, you guys really don't have any clue, do you. :noway:

HELLOOoo....This is Obamacare, Washington State version. I'm getting milked by your program! Geeez, you guys really don't have any clue, do you. :noway:

Avoiding the question. where did you get the $11K from? Is that equal to your new premiums?

the point, dear sir, is that, as gene says, it could be done much more cheaply via single payer as so many nations have shown, but the political reality, as of 2009-10, was that, if we wanted to do anything about the old shitty status quo (denial of coverage/service for those w/ pre-existing conditions and even those w/o perhaps, copay/deductible schemes that ensured medical bankruptcy whenever you got badly sick/hurt, no coverage or thoroughly worthless coverage for a big # of working poor, etc) we had to have this insurance-company blowjob hybrid that is obamacare. no republican, then or now (or indeed, ever), was going to vote for any species of reform, if for no other reason than it had obama-cooties all over it (thus the name), and plenty enough democrats are corporate whores too and they weren't going to do anything unless the proper palms were greased. christ, the public option, the best compromise it seemed to be for those who wanted a private market and lots of choices, and quiet far from a universal single payer system, was dead-as-dillinger on arrival - didn't even get serous consideration. the choice was status quo or ACA, absolute shit or shit of unknown dimensions.

our nation's historical retard-genius for fixing problems has been half-assed solutions, usually so shitty they goaded the machine eventually, after bitter experience, into something better. best case, obamacare as written does work and makes even you and yours happy. the case i'll live w/ though is not unlike the whiskey-junkie who goes on a coke-binge and only at the bitter end of it all realizes there's a 3rd, better, option: coffee :) obamacare, if it doesn't work, will hopefully lead sane folks to realize the best thing to do is ditch the shitty corporate-approved compromise and try the model of our northern neighbors and euro-friends.

sounds like i'm paying the same amount now for my insurance (single earner w/ a family 4 though) as you, and if it's of any value, i sure would like to be paying less.

Edited by ivan

HELLOOoo....This is Obamacare, Washington State version. I'm getting milked by your program!

Not my program, it's some bastardized Frankenstein version of Romneycare born of compromise with the insurance lobby and the attempts to gain Republican support for passage. In that sense, it's as much your program as anyone else's.

Avoiding the question. where did you get the $11K from? Is that equal to your new premiums?

Yes. This would be my premium ($900/mo x12) under the Washington State plan--silver edition. And I'm not gonna pay it.

the point, dear sir, is that, as gene says, it could be done much more cheaply via single payer as so many nations have shown, but the political reality, as of 2009-10, was that, if we wanted to do anything about the old shitty status quo (denial of coverage/service for those w/ pre-existing conditions and even those w/o perhaps, copay/deductible schemes that ensured medical bankruptcy whenever you got badly sick/hurt, no coverage or thoroughly worthless coverage for a big # of working poor, etc) we had to have this insurance-company blowjob hybrid that is obamacare. no republican, then or now (or indeed, ever), was going to vote for any species of reform, if for no other reason than it had obama-cooties all over it (thus the name), and plenty enough democrats are corporate whores too and they weren't going to do anything unless the proper palms were greased. christ, the public option, the best compromise it seemed to be for those who wanted a private market and lots of choices, and quiet far from a universal single payer system, was dead-as-dillinger on arrival - didn't even get serous consideration. the choice was status quo or ACA, absolute shit or shit of unknown dimensions.

our nation's historical retard-genius for fixing problems has been half-assed solutions, usually so shitty they goaded the machine eventually, after bitter experience, into something better. best case, obamacare as written does work and makes even you and yours happy. the case i'll live w/ though is not unlike the whiskey-junkie who goes on a coke-binge and only at the bitter end of it all realizes there's a 3rd, better, option: coffee :) obamacare, if it doesn't work, will hopefully lead sane folks to realize the best thing to do is ditch the shitty corporate-approved compromise and try the model of our northern neighbors and euro-friends.

sounds like i'm paying the same amount now for my insurance (single earner w/ a family 4 though) as you, and if it's of any value, i sure would like to be paying less.

I wish you the best. Sounds like the state of Oregon needs to pony up. :tup:

HELLOOoo....This is Obamacare, Washington State version. I'm getting milked by your program!

Not my program, it's some bastardized Frankenstein version of Romneycare born of compromise with the insurance lobby and the attempts to gain Republican support for passage. In that sense, it's as much your program as anyone else's.

WTF?? It got exactly Zero Republican support. It's YOUR program; don't try your weasel bullshit now. (I do like your earlier suggestion though.)

But knowing your other denialist tendencies, I'm sure you're willing to argue an "it wasn't broken, why fix it" position...

because if you have almost 50% of working people uninsured, the system is broken.

Bullshit. Before Obamacare about 30-35 million were uninsured. By making illegal catastrophic policies, your president added another 5-12 million to that number. (Including me and my wife.)

WTF?? It got exactly Zero Republican support. It's YOUR program; don't try your weasel bullshit now. (I do like your earlier suggestion though.)

I've always suggested single payer.

Just because it didn't get Republican support doesn't mean the plan wasn't designed as a compromise in order to gain that support. A flawed strategy.

indeed, they did a most excellent job advocating for the status quo, which was crap. they have no better proposal though b/c they have no soul and see working people as glorified bunny rabbits: needing to be fruitful and multiply, consume as much as possible, then die ASAP.

indeed, they did a most excellent job advocating for the status quo, which was crap. they have no better proposal though b/c they have no soul and see working people as glorified bunny rabbits: needing to be fruitful and multiply, consume as much as possible, then die ASAP.

despite the nocaps this post be clearly ttk the real ivan doesn't feel the partisan hate like this :rolleyes:

As opposed to your Democrats: aka the "free lunch" party :moondance:

despite the nocaps this post be clearly ttk the real ivan doesn't feel the partisan hate like this :rolleyes:

nah, i'm forever channeling good'ole walt kurtz - i feel no need to judge (the requisite 1st step in hating), just to kill :)

Edited by ivan