Frenchies as allies?

RedMonk

just read in the New York TImes that the frenchies are thinking about backing us in a move against Iraq and they also see more and more U.S. support from European nations... this is after the 'proof' that brittain and the U.S. have said the posess... is this 'Anti-yank' mentality waning? sure looks like it...

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No, RedMonk, their anti-America, anti-Israel sentiment is not waning. It's called swaying with the wind; much like the Vichy Government during WWII. They'll back our play, maybe send a token military force and then shit all over us right after it's over. Screw them, we don't need them.

what's your point ade? they were pussies...they freaking let in the most sadistic murderer into their country to occupy it... i fail to see the point that you are making as the article reiterates the fact that the frechies, because of fear, accepted occupation to avoid conflict... mabe you dont think that is cowardly, but i think no matter what the odds, you must fight against any enemy of humanity... there areinstances of smaller countries in eastern europe putting up passive or even active resistance against the nazis and geting their asses kicked...i will raise a glass to that bigdrink.gif but i would pour a glass on top of the heads of vichy french politicians... moon.gifpitty.gif

AlpineK - That would be exactly my point. Another interesting thing is that both the British and Americans recognized the Vichy Government for some period of time and generally ignored De Gaulle's Free French.

actually...the reason for this was because churchill hated degaulle and thought that the free france leader was wrought with fascist tendancies...and as retalliation...degaulle got his revenge 20 years later...any guesses as to what it was? c'mon alpine k...since you are so good at critiquing other's historical prowess...mabe you would like to answer this one?

oh...and your boy de gaulle...he ran like a pussy to england (england no less!) when his country was invaded by the germans... it is no wonder that the liberals on this site back him... imagine that...the liberals backing a person who ran during danger of war...wait who was the last president who did that? uhmm...i think his name was william clinton...

I'm a little confused what exactly did Clinton run from?

Yeah De Gaulle ran from a overwhelming military force. So did the British at the beginning of WW2. RedMonk you would run too.

BTW I remember when you first started posting here you weren't conservative and now you are. Kids these days hahaha.gif

Edited by AlpineK

one more...

"After I signed the ROTC letter of intent I began to wonder whether the compromise I had made with myself was not more objectionable than the draft would have been, because I had no interest in the ROTC program in itself and all I seemed to have done was to protect myself from physical harm. "

-bill clinton