Why Republicans will fail in the next elections?

glassgowkiss

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Christ! (Sorry, I just declared myself by saying that but if I had done it silently it would be have been noble, moral, and ethical and then it would have been okay for the GOP).

The Republicans failed in THIS election and fucked themselves up (I guess I am getting close to the political cliff) by ignoring the fact that our melting pot country appreciates a tolerant viewpoint.

The Republicans are licking their wounds and trying to figure out why the Dems just watched and laughed while their people just waited and voted.

For me it still comes down to this:

- Live and let live (easy concept but rarely practiced)

- You cannot control other people's behavior, only your own

Back on target; Obama is going to play a little hardball this term since he is no longer looking for reelection. The Repubs are going to acquiesce a bit since their master plan didn't work.

If they can't work it out, God save the Queen because the rest of the world (except Israal) are licking their chops.

Maybe they'll think it over and perform more doctrine modifications. They have a couple years. On the other hand an interview from the Repub Governor convention turned up quotes like.

Romney was a bad choice. We need a better selection process, but we don't need to change our message or policies. (Rough Quote)

Think again sucka :laf:

When you excise the parts of the GOP platform that aren't based on myth (tax breaks for the rich create jobs), pure partisan interest (anti-vote by mail, pro voter suppression policy), religious bigotry (marriage, abortion), or just plain mean spirited (health care), there isn't much left.

So, yeah, I'd say the GOP is probably in for some tough times for a long time.

People said that after 08, however - then the Teatards mobilized. There isn't another massive group of untapped morons to organize this time around (the Thumpers shot their wad in record numbers and still failed), so it looks like the GOP will either have to (gulp) actually reform, not likely considering that group's 'data driven' nature, or continue to experience shrinkage.

At the state level, the reddest states will likely continue to fall behind economically, educationally, and from a civil liberties standpoint, as they have been. FL and TX will become blue soon, and GOP administrations will become so many unhappy memories.

The GOP decided to go to war with the middle class, minorities, gays (est. 7 to 10% of the pop), women, and science. Not the best long term strategy, really.

Edited by tvashtarkatena

Hi, I'm a conservative, and, as a kinder, gentler member of the new GOP, I'm delighted to announce we have planned an outreach feminist bookstore for every voters' precinct, fresh organic cookies with vegan cream refreshments, and embroidered Ceasar Chavez patches for all our Hispanic friends to proudly wear.

:wave:

"In fact, the rising American electorate represents a direct threat to the striking array of government benefits for the affluent that the conservative movement has won over the past 40 years. These include the reduction of the top income tax rate from 50 percent in 1986 to 35 percent; the 15 percent tax rate on dividend and capital gains income, which was 39.9 percent in 1977; the lowering of the top estate tax rate from 70 percent in 1981, with just $175,000 exempted from taxation, to a top rate of 35 percent this year with $5.1 million exempted from taxation."

Link

When you wage war, the other side eventually returns fire.

Conservatives will likely continue to bullshit themselves that they 'work harder' than liberals. They don't. If recent history of innovation is any guide, they certainly don't work smarter, either.

75 years of slavery strongly suggested that it would continue beyond the 1860s. Past performance is no guarantee of future performance, particularly with regards to long term, fundamental cultural and demographic changes. Historical patterns happen until they don't anymore.

Wildcard events can spice things up a bit, however. A particularly weak Dem against an R whose good at faking centrism could conceivably win the day next time, but the liberal public, unlike the conservative one (apparently), is getting aaaawwwwefully hard to bullshit these days.