[TR] Prusik Peak - West Ridge, Burgner/Stanley and Solid Gold 5/11/2012

Verticolorful

Trip: Prusik Peak - West Ridge, Burgner/Stanley and Solid Gold

Date: 5/11/2012

Trip Report:

Crazy ideas were flying around earlier this week about an early season hit of Stanley/Burgner. This would be my first three day weekend from school all quarter. A perfect weather window solidified these dreams into reality.

Sometimes in life we are just in the right place at the right time.

As far as first alpine experiences go, I could not have dreamt of anything better. The weather, my partners and the days of the Prusik Peak to ourselves all made for a life changing experience. We only intended on climbing the Stanley/Burgner route, but as soon as we got up there on friday we had to run up the West Ridge. Satrday we enjoyed Stanley/Burgner and on sunday we jumped on Solid Gold before hiking out.

A weekend well spent.

P1010056-1.JPG

P1010102.JPGP10100911.JPGP10101311.JPGP1010128-1.JPGP10101171.JPGP10101351.JPGP1010150.JPGP10101381.JPGP1010169.JPGP1010163.JPGP1010191.JPGP1010189.JPGP10101751.JPGP1010220.JPGP1010195.JPG

Gear Notes:

A party of three: two 60 meter ropes, a douple rack of camalots to 4, Metolius TCUs and small Aliens.

Approach Notes:

Travel was amazingly fast. Post holling will become more of a propblem as the temps creep up.

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sounds like a hell of a weekend, thanks for the TR. I love the second to last picture, great perspective.

You guys are smiling so much in the pictures I gotta wonder what was more sore at the end of the day, your hands or your mouths!

:grin:

Way to go Shaun and party! Shaun called me a "dream crusher" when I told him a few days before his trip that it was too early and to wait a few weeks. Good job on not listening to me, following your heart, and getting er done. Impressive first alpine rock trip fellas!

Any idea who was on Der Sportsmen and if they topped out?

Way to go Shaun and party! Shaun called me a "dream crusher" when I told him a few days before his trip that it was too early and to wait a few weeks. Good job on not listening to me, following your heart, and getting er done. Impressive first alpine rock trip fellas!

Any idea who was on Der Sportsmen and if they topped out?

think it was max, not sure if they finished.

Nice work guys! No reason to wait until later in the season when the masses are going to be up there when you can go have it all to yourselves. It is definitely pretty good travel conditions during the cooler hours right now. My first time on the south face (first time in the range) was a pretty pivotal trip for me when I was younger. I think that it was the first time that I realized that not all mountains need to be chossy and dirty.

I was on Der Sportsman with a buddy and we took it to the top. It was killer! Such an amazing line. We also ticked Solid Gold the next day and Triple Couliors car to car before heading up to Prusik. I'll post a TR with some pics when I get the chance.

I was on Der Sportsman with a buddy and we took it to the top. It was killer! Such an amazing line. We also ticked Solid Gold the next day and Triple Couliors car to car before heading up to Prusik. I'll post a TR with some pics when I get the chance.

wow!

If you've got more pics, I'd love to see them. If you can email them to mtepfer at gmail that'd be rad. (and yes, we had a blast. That was likely the best four days I've had in the alpine in a long while)

Sounds like a sick trip, psyched to see your TR.

:rocken::brew: