SS a Ponzi Scheme?

kevbone

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How could I guess J_B was in favor of a money suck-hole. How much security will that net provide me J_B. How much have I contributed into it? Some safety net. I have managed to provide for my own retirement DESPITE SS not because of it. You are likely in favor of it because I am still paying into it for your ancient ass.

Hmmm. If I were to put all the money that I put into SS into modest return funds, what would give me better security for my future? The fact that you yokels still think that this is something to pursue and not something we are stuck with astounds me.

btw, there are pres candidates on the left with an impeccable antiwar record, who were against the patriot act from the get go, against corporatism, for a green economy, etc .. so you have NO excuse propagandizing for that things-were-better-in-1900 Ron Paul nutjob.

Unless you're casting your write-in vote for William Jennings Bryan, it's a pretty safe bet you're voting for these guys in November:

http://www.workers.org/

Here come the smears from the john bircher. I have denounced MLs for as long as I have denounced fascists like you.

How could I guess J_B was in favor of a money suck-hole. How much security will that net provide me J_B. How much have I contributed into it? Some safety net. I have managed to provide for my own retirement DESPITE SS not because of it. You are likely in favor of it because I am still paying into it for your ancient ass.

Hmmm. If I were to put all the money that I put into SS into modest return funds, what would give me better security for my future? The fact that you yokels still think that this is something to pursue and not something we are stuck with astounds me.

Yokels like the ~ 75% of public opinion that oppose all attempts at doing away with SS. Extremist.

Edited by j_b

Yokels like the ~ 75% of public opinion that oppose all attempts at doing away with SS. Extremist.

75% huh? Is that similar to your "stat" saying that 50% were impoverished or near impoverished. Please, J_B try that shit on someone else.

Were your poll numbers taken from AARP members; or your ass?

By NEIL KING JR. and SCOTT GREENBERG for the WSJ –WASHINGTON— Less than a quarter of Americans support making significant cuts to Social Security or Medicare to tackle the country’s mounting deficit, according to a new Wall Street Journal/NBC News poll, illustrating the challenge facing lawmakers who want voter buy-in to alter entitlement programs.

Good video. Reminds me of Charles Tilly's famous essay: "War Making and State Making as Organized Crime"

http://www.scribd.com/doc/2846068/Tilly-War-Making-and-State-Making-as-Organized-Crime

That's rich coming from you, who in all probability haven't found an imperial war of aggression you didn't like.

Obviously you didn't read the piece--and haven't heard of Charles Tilly. Remember, pretending to have read isn't the same as actually reading.

Good video. Reminds me of Charles Tilly's famous essay: "War Making and State Making as Organized Crime"

http://www.scribd.com/doc/2846068/Tilly-War-Making-and-State-Making-as-Organized-Crime

That's rich coming from you, who in all probability haven't found an imperial war of aggression you didn't like.

Obviously you didn't read the piece--and haven't heard of Charles Tilly. Remember, pretending to have read isn't the same as actually reading.

Why should he? 99.8% of the population disagrees with its stance....

Right, I must be the only one who finds disconcerting that someone who argued as vehemently as you did for attacking Iraq and wage the WoT, now claims to warn us about governments making up/creating threats to justify wars of aggression and racketeering of their own people.

Speaking of Ponzi schemes, WA is moving along as expected.

Approval of $480 M budget gap bill paves way for special session to end

The Olympian | by Brad Shannon | December 14, 2011

The state House overwhelmingly approved what many called a "partial down payment" on the state's $2 billion budget gap last night. Approving the $480 million bill sets up the Legislature for adjournment of its special session Wednesday.

The vote was 86-to-8 in favor of House Bill 2058, which relies on less than $200 million in actual cuts to spending. Four lawmakers were absent; sSeven of the eight no votes were Republicans, and the lone Democrat against was Rep. Marko Liias of Mukilteo.

The biggest pieces in the budget bill are fund shifts and new revenues - including $82 million in unspent money from the previous biennium and another $50.6 million from quicker conversions of unclaimed property by the Department of Revenue.

Yet another $38.4 million comes from additional federal welfare aid allocated to the state, and $752,000 saved from limits that will end "over-the-counter" replacement of electronic-benefits cards for welfare clients.

Also, $22.6 million would come from a three-year delay in the law changing when people mental-health disorders are detained or committed involuntarily.