Entire lead rack gone

billcoe

Sucks to get old. Don't know where it is. Full rack of Totem cams #1-5, some small aliens -probably the Green, yellow and red, lots of skinny trad draws with Red Wild country Heliums on one end and the tiny gold Camp Nanos on the other. On an adjustable Chouinard gear sling blue, that has my name in black felt time on it. The cams had blue on yellow paint, as well as my name in felt time on the slings.

It might have walked off, over a month ago, but I suspect I sat it down and walked off ....

I had it on Climbalicious in this pic Timetraveler took:

August_2011_0731.JPG

Pretty sure I had it for a lap up Young Warriors at Beacon in early Oct. We split up after the climb cause Ujahn had to work, I went off exploring...I know I took it and put it in the car as we split and thought I drug it home with me late that night.

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...
Did you find it yet? Does Jesus have it behind the couch?

Possible, I don't have any other explanation and it's still gone. (insert sad face here) Have already replaced the Totems which are the Radness, and had 39 Aliens before so no need to replace those......

Take care all! :tup:

OMFG! Found it. Last night my boy asked me: "hey dad, wanna go to Smith?" I reply: Can't, gotta work". He says: "I'm getting paid to drive to Black Butte and do some work, gas is paid both ways, Jakes coming along and we want to get some routes in at Smith when we're there. I left all my stuff except for the harness and shoes back home can I borrow a couple of your ropes, a helmet and some draws to go to Smith. Maybe a few cams too......"

"Sure"

We head to the basement and I realize of my 8 lead ropes piled up inside of rope bags, I don't know which have middle marks and which don't. The boy assures me he knows how to find the middle :grin: but being the fretting dad I open and start checking anyway. 3rd rope bag I opened was a Metolius Rope Ranger Rope Bag, the one with the backpack straps, as I opened it up to look at the rope:

found_rack_in_rope_bag.jpg

doh

Bill, it's obviously time to shed some of that excess gear. You have WAY too much to even keep track of and it is causing you more grief than good trying to maintain an accurate inventory. Step ONE, admit you have a gear problem. Step TWO, give it away and free yourself of the bondage that is you gear-whore-aholicism. I'm here to help, just hand over the rack.

Bill, it's obviously time to shed some of that excess gear. You have WAY too much to even keep track of and it is causing you more grief than good trying to maintain an accurate inventory. Step ONE, admit you have a gear problem. Step TWO, give it away and free yourself of the bondage that is you gear-whore-aholicism. I'm here to help, just hand over the rack.

The gear whore thing could be an inherited gene. You might have to talk to the lad about that Dave, he high graded the rack and had his way with me last night:-) You know how some people have their kids borrowing their tools...?

Shaun_belaying.jpg

Seen below there. Although the boy gets a pro deal, he's broke so I bought him some used cams for Christmas :lmao: Sent them back to Metolius for new slings ($3.00 each) and a few needed new wires ($6 I think) and as if they'd sprinkled pixie dust on Herman Cain and transformed him into Elvis, they startlingly made them functionally like brand new, shiny- pretty - the works.....A*frikkan*mazing. Wish I'd have a before/after shot. F*ing Metolius rules the planet!

I didn't want to say anything 'cuz I felt bad for ya having lost a rack myself once back in ancient times when it meant more :)

Now I am just embarrassed for your sadly senior moment...and not even a retired NFL player (are you?) as an excuse :rolleyes:

LOL, I wish I had any excuse Dane. Not even the first time I've spaced out a rack either. Last time was some Valley Giants and wide gear! In fact, that's been long enough that I've mentally forgotten the details of what went down, re-reading it I was like "HUH?!" :noway:

http://cascadeclimbers.com/forum/ubbthreads.php/ubb/showflat/Number/836841/Searchpage/1/Main/62673/Words/jasmine/Search/true/Re_Weedend_Rockclimbing_Pics#Post836841

LOL! Ujahn reminded me that this isn't limited to the elderly: he'd forgotten the rack a bit ago and had to go back to retrieve it. Despite having grey hair, he's still got 20 some years to catch up with me....

Someone else was telling me about forgetting the ropes, but I forgot who.

Anyway, we all know that men get manlier as they age

old-man-with-cane1.jpg