Very powerful.

kevbone

Republicans

2008 – Mike Huckabee (34%), Mitt Romney (25%), Fred Thompson (13%), John McCain (13%), Ron Paul (10%), Rudy Giuliani (4%), and Duncan Hunter (1%)

2004 – George W. Bush (unopposed)

2000 – George W. Bush (41%)[citation needed], Steve Forbes (30%)[citation needed], Alan Keyes (14%), Gary Bauer (9%), John McCain (5%), and Orrin Hatch (1%)

1996 – Bob Dole (26%), Pat Buchanan (23%), Lamar Alexander (18%), Steve Forbes (10%), Phil Gramm (9%), Alan Keyes (7%), Richard Lugar (4%), and Morry Taylor (1%)

1992 – George H. W. Bush (unopposed)

1988 – Bob Dole (37%), Pat Robertson (25%), George H. W. Bush (19%), Jack Kemp (11%), and Pierre DuPont (7%)

1984 – Ronald Reagan (unopposed)

1980 – George H. W. Bush (32%), Ronald Reagan (30%), Howard Baker (15%), John Connally (9%), Phil Crane (7%), John B. Anderson (4%), and Bob Dole (2%)

1976 – Gerald Ford and Ronald Reagan

man, you sure you want yer boy to win iowa, kev? looks like the kiss of death to me :) past 9 caucuses there, the winner has either not won the nomination or lost in the general election 6 times :rawk:

if you throw out the incumbents running for re-election (reagan in '84 and bush in 2004), iowa only picks the eventual winner 1 time out of 9.

• Replies 295
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Let's take a look at Ron Paul's "Actions", shall we bone? How about we just focus on the last year?

Oct 6, 2011: Voted to repeal EPA Emissions Regulations for Cement Manufacturers

July 27, 2011: Voted to Limit Funding For Endangered Species Act

July 13th, 2011: Voted to limit the EPA's authority to regulate clean water laws

July 12th, 2011: Voted to repeal Energy Efficiency Standards for Incandescent Light Bulbs

May 5th, 2011: Voted to lease offshore drilling rights to oil companies

May 3rd, 2011: Voted to repeal funding for for State Health Benefit Exchanges

April 13th, 2011: Voted to repeal the Prevention and Public Health Fund

March 30th, 2011: Voted against school vouchers for Washington D.C.

March 29th, 2011: Voted to Terminate the Home Affordable Modification Program

March 17th, 2011: Voted to repeal funding of NPR

March 6th, 2011: Voted to terminate the Neighborhood Stabilization Program

March 11th, 2011: Voted to terminate the Emergency Mortgage Relief Program

March 10th, 2011: Voted to terminate the Federal Housing Administration Refinance Program

March 3rd, 2011: Voted to repeal the Form 1099 Provision in the Health Care Law

Feb 18th, 2011: Voted to terminate Federal Funds For Planned Parenthood

Jan 19th, 2011: Voted to repeal the Health Care Bill

December 21, 2010: Voted against FDA Food Safety Modernization Act

WOW, you sure can pick 'em!!!

"He has started out below the mainstream candidates, but I suspect as they all imploded one after the other with outbursts of stupid, mean, corrupt and scandal - and as people began to hear about him through word of mouth rather than the press - his numbers just kept growing.

His number growth isn't up and down like the made for TV candidates. A win in Iowa will force people to look into him. Now is a critical time for him, because since the Media can't ignore him they will switch on the slander machine. The predictable attempts are going to be to call him a racist, which are going to backfire horribly if they do.

His voting record and speeches make it pretty clear is less of a racist than even Obama. Going to be an interesting year in politics... I predict election fraud, massive media assaults, and possibly even a gunshot coming from all of this.

Obama is going to need to come to Jesus about who he answers to, because a RP run either as GOP or Indy is going to create a harsh contrast and make a lot of Obama supporters question their candidate when a Republican is sounding more liberal than he is." - Davin

Let's take a look at Ron Paul's "Actions", shall we bone? How about we just focus on the last year?

Oct 6, 2011: Voted to repeal EPA Emissions Regulations for Cement Manufacturers

July 27, 2011: Voted to Limit Funding For Endangered Species Act

July 13th, 2011: Voted to limit the EPA's authority to regulate clean water laws

July 12th, 2011: Voted to repeal Energy Efficiency Standards for Incandescent Light Bulbs

May 5th, 2011: Voted to lease offshore drilling rights to oil companies

May 3rd, 2011: Voted to repeal funding for for State Health Benefit Exchanges

April 13th, 2011: Voted to repeal the Prevention and Public Health Fund

March 30th, 2011: Voted against school vouchers for Washington D.C.

March 29th, 2011: Voted to Terminate the Home Affordable Modification Program

March 17th, 2011: Voted to repeal funding of NPR

March 6th, 2011: Voted to terminate the Neighborhood Stabilization Program

March 11th, 2011: Voted to terminate the Emergency Mortgage Relief Program

March 10th, 2011: Voted to terminate the Federal Housing Administration Refinance Program

March 3rd, 2011: Voted to repeal the Form 1099 Provision in the Health Care Law

Feb 18th, 2011: Voted to terminate Federal Funds For Planned Parenthood

Jan 19th, 2011: Voted to repeal the Health Care Bill

December 21, 2010: Voted against FDA Food Safety Modernization Act

WOW, you sure can pick 'em!!!

Lets look at all the other candidates currently running....

All voted for war and the patriot act. FAIL

Lets look at all the other candidates currently running....

All voted for war and the patriot act. FAIL

False. Who told you that lie, youtube? Many of the candidates lack legislature experience entirely. For example, John Huntsman has NEVER voted on an act. He was a governor (and ambassador).

I believe Gingrich has already resigned before the war, also. Also, Perry and Romney probably have limited legislature experience, if any -- I'm too lazy to check.

And that's not counting the third-party candidates, of whom MANY are against the war, the patriot act, etc. Of course, you don't even know these people exist, which is weird since most of them have youtube videos. :confused:

So, as usual, what are you fucking talking about?

Edited by rob

I have read nothing to indicate he has racist skeletons. But I usually don't go on what people say (like Obama, he lost me along time ago)....only on what they do. Actions speak louder than words.

You must have not read much about him, then. Do you only get your news from youtube?

everyone else knows more about Paul than you do

You mean newsletters written by someone else TWENTY YEARS AGO, which he disavows and rejects? Libtards sure are great at beating a long dead horse. :rolleyes:

Don't get me wrong, Paul is a kook, but he's no racist.

Hey, sure, I mean maybe he wants to destroy the EPA and allow pharmaceutical companies to sell whatever they want without any federal oversight, but at least he's anti-war! It's almost enough to make me overlook his plan to completely remove all financial regulation, too, right Bone? :rolleyes:

Hey, sure, I mean maybe he wants to destroy the EPA and allow pharmaceutical companies to sell whatever they want without any federal oversight, but at least he's anti-war! It's almost enough to make me overlook his plan to completely remove all financial regulation, too, right Bone? :rolleyes:

"The FDA, EPA and other agencies are compromised and unless you know of a candidate (congress as well) that will ACTUALLY work to repair them they are more harmful than good.

Big money owns them and populates them with their people. Noticed the lack of white collar crime prosecutions lately? And noticed that agencies like the FDA and EPA seem far more interested in harassing independent farmers than Monsanto?

I would love to see them fixed, but that isn't in the cards. So I think right now the answer is to toss the ring back into the fires of Mt Doom and start over. In the meantime the less corrupt states will have to takeover fora bit."

"The FDA, EPA and other agencies are compromised and unless you know of a candidate (congress as well) that will ACTUALLY work to repair them they are more harmful than good.

Big money owns them and populates them with their people. Noticed the lack of white collar crime prosecutions lately? And noticed that agencies like the FDA and EPA seem far more interested in harassing independent farmers than Monsanto?

I would love to see them fixed, but that isn't in the cards. So I think right now the answer is to toss the ring back into the fires of Mt Doom and start over. In the meantime the less corrupt states will have to takeover fora bit."

You're right! We should vote to repeal clean water laws and emissions regulations, too, then!!! God, you're dumb.

So you want to rebuilt to EPA? Sounds good. Sign me up. But why do you want to FUCKING REPEAL THE REGULATIONS? That's like saying the police department is corrupt, so let's cancel all the laws.

GOd, you make my fucking head hurt.

Edited by rob

You guys may be right and we need to accelerate our countries borrowing and get into debt even deeper. Barack is doing quite well at that, so I can see that he'd be your guy. I checked the debt clock this am and assuming you are both taxpayers it read that YOU, Rob: and You, Pat, each owed $134,345 for your portion to pay off the federal debt.

It's now almost lunch and your share is at $134.348.

http://www.usdebtclock.org/

Since this appears all but unstoppable, I can understand why you want to give up, let it keep rolling and just let the Fed and the big bankers pound sand up your ass. I suppose that later, you can figure out what you will tell your children about this. About why all the things you now profess to want to support will not be able to be supported due to lack of money. Maybe you have that speech prepared already, can you share it?

Enjoy!

You're right! We should vote to repeal clean water laws and emissions regulations, too, then!!! God, you're dumb.

So you want to rebuilt to EPA? Sounds good. Sign me up. But why do you want to FUCKING REPEAL THE REGULATIONS? That's like saying the police department is corrupt, so let's cancel all the laws.

GOd, you make my fucking head hurt.

The supercommittee couldn't even agree on ~1 trillion in cuts over years. Ron Paul can be against all the federal gov't - good luck actually making it happen, whether he's president or not.

Also, you have to understand, bone, that Ron Paul is not saying "let's cancel the EPA and rebuild it."

He's saying, "There should NEVER be an EPA. There should NEVER be federal environmental regulations."

That's QUITE different.

How the FUCK could you be on board with this guy? Just cause he's anti-war? Jeez, you make bad choices.

Edited by rob