Soccer fans

kevbone

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

i love how Seattleites are starting to call it footie, wearing scarves and pretending that they're European and that they've ALWAYS been into soccer. It's like when kids in high school show up one day and suddenly they're all goth. "I've always been like this, man!"

SCARVES UP??!!! LOLOLOLOLOL fucking retarded.

Edited by rob

Soccer has been very popular in the Seattle area for a long time already. The Sounders had a large fan base starting in the 70's (when rob was likely still in diapers). In fact, it is probable that Seattle had the first soccer moms. :fahq:

Soccer has been very popular in the Seattle area for a long time already. The Sounders had a large fan base starting in the 70's (when rob was likely still in diapers). In fact, it is probable that Seattle had the first soccer moms. :fahq:

Soccer moms have been very popular in the Seattle area since the 70's They tend to have a large fan-shaped base. I had my first one in the early 80s.

Thanks, Cliff!

What are you trying to say, jackass?

It's nothing to be especially proud of but I saw my first Sounders game in ~1978, decades after I first played the game. I don't consider myself a Sounders fan btw.

Edited by j_b

American football is like watching gladiatorial combat: Superhumans performing superhuman feats.

Soccer is like watching a bunch of your neighbors chasing a lost cat.

I don't watch either one.

Soccer - the perrenial next big thing. :yawn:

While I like it enough it's just not catching on to compete with smashmouth and other sports. Yea, yea, lots of kids play. But when they get to be adults they apparantly move on. Oh yea, a whopping 40k to watch the Sounders.

Ah, yes. The righteous lack of imagination of people whose main cultural references are stupid sit-com. Sad.

dude, you're goign too far when you start dissing on "cheers!"

what could possibly be MORE american than a show about a buncha pissed off workers spending every evening of their life getting tanked in the same bar? :crazy: