www.tradclimbermating.com

RuMR

Not everyone shares your opinion Bill, and I wanted to make it clear they have recourse they are welcome to pursue if they wish. I also wanted Buckaroo to contact me is he feels as oppressed as Raindawg and Kirk imagines. I'm not fishing for compliments.

Oh come on Off! I didn't mean to hurt your feelings! I actually think you do a damn good job being both an admin and a regular contributing member of this website. I like the fact that you have opinions and aren't afraid to throw them out there. I never said anything about wanting you removed and I have no wish to start a campaign against you.

What I did want was for you to comment on why yet another bolt thread on CC was locked and/or shipped to spray where it will certainly devolve into just another mindless time suck and serve as the perfect platform for the regular crew of smart asses around here to stand on their soap boxes and toss out demeaning insults and entertain each other with mildly humorous comments. Thanks for commenting on your reasoning.

I see things a little differently but I can appreciate the fact that what you are trying to do is keep this place from turning into rc.com. I don't find it one of the great injustices in the world and I doubt I'll be losing much sleep over the issue, however I was simply trying to point out (again) that the enforcement of the new "no personal attacks" policy seems to apply to some while not applying to others. Don't you find that odd? At least worthy of comment, in my opinon.

I doubt that buckaroo was offended by your comments as he was probably too busy fighting off all the trad groupies trying to steal his seed to notice or care about what someone posted on the internet. Who's got time to get wrapped up in a little trivial matter like the internet when the future of the species depends upon your nested nut placements? Bolt? Ain't got time to bolt.

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just a FYI

Locking the thread closed it for everybody pro and anti bolt. It doesn't single out folks against the City Park replacement bolt.

I'm sure there will be a new bolting thread coming soon. Everybody can start the argument again.

I didn't mean to imply otherwise. I personally couldn't care less about the bolt in question and don't have an opinion as to what should or shouldn't be done about it. Obviously others do and they have been told that they can't discuss it here. Just pointing out that the admins are quick to step into bolt discussions and lock them while they let some of the other shit show threads on this site go on and on. I wonder why the issues of bolts and bolting draws the eye of the admins while they ignore others?

If people feel so strongly about bolts I would think that CC would encourage bolt discussion. Perhaps even give the subject it's own forum right below spray and let people have at it. Why do we have this urge to silence the discussion? Some may be tired of it but obviously others are not. It certainly qualifies as climbing related content.

Whatever. I'm an idiot because yet again I'm sitting here wasting time on this site while I could be out learning how to set opposed RP's in flaring pin scars to ensure that we don't go the way of the dinosaurs.

Hi Kirk:

I'm not offended, but I wanted to be clear that folks have other recourse if they have problems with my work here. It might actually be a relief if I were forcibly removed from the task of shoveling out the Augean Stables.

"I was simply trying to point out (again) that the enforcement of the new "no personal attacks" policy seems to apply to some while not applying to others. Don't you find that odd? At least worthy of comment, in my opinon."

I'm taking your input to heart and considering how best to apply this policy. I haven't had a lot of input from the Admins as to how they want this implemented. I'm inclined to not worry too much about Spray, or I'd have to sterilize every political discussion, but I agree there's room to level the playing field out in the other forums and I'm certainly not free from bias with regard to cutting friends slack. I'd encourage you and others to use the "notify moderator" button if you see something you believe to be outside the user agreement. I can't guarantee that I or another mod will act as you wish, but your input will be considered and appreciated.

"I doubt that buckaroo was offended by your comments"

I don't think he was either, but Raindawg wanted to make such an issue of it that he posted the same thing twice with different "bullying" images, and not having any input from Buckaroo, I'm just acknowledging that my opinion is just based on my assumptions.

I went climbing at the columns in the Eug tonight and I just wanted to let you guys know that buckaroo is right. The drunk, jittery, homeless lady that was hanging out across the parking lot obviously thought I was some hot shit and certainly would have pro-created with me had I had the time (and $5).

She was so impressed with my ascent of Bat Crack that she nearly spilled whatever was in her paper bag as I mantled onto the top of the column. As I looked down at my gear I realized that a: the route had enough sexy springy and clippy things in it that it looked like I had aided it and b: This woman obviously was attracted to me because I was Trad climbing. All the gear was just plain turning her on. The two shirtless 20 yr olds just looked at me with eyes full of awe and jealousy then quietly went back to their top roping.

True story.

Anyway...thanks for the response Off. Just to be clear. I wasn't advocating for anyone to be reprimanded or banned for anything. I think minimal moderation is the best policy. Let people say what they gotta say. Occasionally fights break out and you gotta break it up. The cattle are just gonna shit on the floor again anyway so let them wander around in their own filth. Especially spray.

Serious question...I'm headed to Smith on Monday with a double rack. I was thinking about taking my bigger hexs as my doubles cause I think they're baller on the tuft and way lighter than cams in the bigger sizes, but now I'm reconsidering. I'm worried the constant clanging of the cowbells will attract woman seeking my Trad essence? I don't wanna get raped or even mildly accosted by some 5.13 nubbin tugging hotty. That would be unpleasant and it would really piss of my GF. Is it still safe to use cowbells? Maybe we'll just go sport climbing.

Serious question...I'm headed to Smith on Monday with a double rack. I was thinking about taking my bigger hexs as my doubles cause I think they're baller on the tuft and way lighter than cams in the bigger sizes, but now I'm reconsidering. I'm worried the constant clanging of the cowbells will attract woman seeking my Trad essence? I don't wanna get raped or even mildly accosted by some 5.13 nubbin tugging hotty. That would be unpleasant and it would really piss of my GF. Is it still safe to use cowbells? Maybe we'll just go sport climbing.

I wouldn't worry about it, mountie/mazama bells are a total turn off to anyone at Smith with an XX chromosome. The rope bunnies there are drawn to cams (BD C4s and other shiny, colorful models especially) because they are a sign of wealth, whereas hexes give off that "I'm a crusty old fart who still climbs in ankle-high rock boots" vibe. Also, wearing a helmet (especially as you walk between climbs) wards them off like mosquitos fleeing a bottle of Deep Woods. Whatever you do, leave the beanie and prAna clothes at home unless you are looking to get your knob polished the minute you cross the river.

I went climbing at the columns in the Eug tonight and I just wanted to let you guys know that buckaroo is right. The drunk, jittery, homeless lady that was hanging out across the parking lot obviously thought I was some hot shit and certainly would have pro-created with me had I had the time (and $5).

She was so impressed with my ascent of Bat Crack that she nearly spilled whatever was in her paper bag as I mantled onto the top of the column. As I looked down at my gear I realized that a: the route had enough sexy springy and clippy things in it that it looked like I had aided it and b: This woman obviously was attracted to me because I was Trad climbing. All the gear was just plain turning her on. The two shirtless 20 yr olds just looked at me with eyes full of awe and jealousy then quietly went back to their top roping.

True story.

Anyway...thanks for the response Off. Just to be clear. I wasn't advocating for anyone to be reprimanded or banned for anything. I think minimal moderation is the best policy. Let people say what they gotta say. Occasionally fights break out and you gotta break it up. The cattle are just gonna shit on the floor again anyway so let them wander around in their own filth. Especially spray.

this is CLASSIC!!! Goddammit i sprayed coffee through my nostrils!

I wouldn't worry about it, mountie/mazama bells are a total turn off to anyone at Smith with an XX chromosome. The rope bunnies there are drawn to cams (BD C4s and other shiny, colorful models especially) because they are a sign of wealth, whereas hexes give off that "I'm a crusty old fart who still climbs in ankle-high rock boots" vibe. Also, wearing a helmet (especially as you walk between climbs) wards them off like mosquitos fleeing a bottle of Deep Woods. Whatever you do, leave the beanie and prAna clothes at home unless you are looking to get your knob polished the minute you cross the river.

Must accidentally hit the "Classics" channel!...WTF is Buckie???

When I was out there last week with my hexes clangin, all I got was made fun of by dudes, then they showed me their cams. One cougar sniffed around but my gf scared her off.

Obviously Hexes=Cougar Aphrodesiac and bro repellant.

Perhaps I will clip them to the outside of my pack, so I can clang my way from the parking lot. I'll wear my purple bro beanie and chalk myself up too, might confuse em a bit.

Edited by JoeR

A friend of mine ordered one of those test tube babies, that little tyke is quite the buckaroo!

Seems to me that this site had a new policy of prohibiting personal attacks...

yet I see that the ridicule of this Buckaroo fellow continues in a different venue.

Just sayin'.

bullies.jpg

"You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this BB to post any material which is knowingly false and/or defamatory, inaccurate, abusive, vulgar, hateful, harassing, obscene, profane, sexually oriented, threatening,..."

And yet we have created a thread, the purpose of which is clearly to attack/ridicule the character of a participant?

A friend of mine ordered one of those test tube babies, that little tyke is quite the buckaroo!

Seems to me that this site had a new policy of prohibiting personal attacks...

yet I see that the ridicule of this Buckaroo fellow continues in a different venue.

Just sayin'.

bullies.jpg

"You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this BB to post any material which is knowingly false and/or defamatory, inaccurate, abusive, vulgar, hateful, harassing, obscene, profane, sexually oriented, threatening,..."

And yet we have created a thread, the purpose of which is clearly to attack/ridicule the character of a participant?

Making fun of an obviously absurd statement someone made is hardly the same thing as attacking their "character".