FINALLY! Bin Laden DEAD!

jon

proof-positive he is as much of a kook as you and buckaroo! :wave:

While I appreciate Chomsky's often biting and well researched books, this off-hand commentary is hard to take seriously. Really, there isn't always a conspiracy.

Holy shit! And I thought J_B was a kook!

Holy shite, Holy shite. Glad the internet is now providing the unvarnished truth. Hell in a hand basket.

Jim loves to regurgitate the mud flung by the service goon. Someday, I'll take the gloves off too.

Edited by j_b

• Replies 532
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

While I appreciate Chomsky's often biting and well researched books, this off-hand commentary is hard to take seriously. Really, there isn't always a conspiracy.

it's of course the readers job to figure out what conspiracy if any Jim wants you to believe Chomsky is advocating. The level of intervention by nationalists throughout this thread has been deplorable.

they also say: "once a tool, always a tool". I don't now if it's related to the hammer and nail story but I can't assess the relationship of either to the matter at hand.

Edited by j_b

In April 2002, the head of the FBI, Robert Mueller, informed the press that after the most intensive investigation in history, the FBI could say no more than that it “believed” that the plot was hatched in Afghanistan, though implemented in the UAE and Germany. What they only believed in April 2002, they obviously didn’t know 8 months earlier, when Washington dismissed tentative offers by the Taliban (how serious, we do not know, because they were instantly dismissed) to extradite bin Laden if they were presented with evidence—which, as we soon learned, Washington didn’t have. Thus Obama was simply lying when he said, in his White House statement, that “we quickly learned that the 9/11 attacks were carried out by al Qaeda.”

The point being exactly what? That there is an underlying truth - we made up the al Qaeda connection? Or the more likely supposition that not every government statement on the subject will agree with another. I'm sure I could do similar justice to quotes from Chomsky given a couple hours of research. Look - I generally like, or at least understand, most of his well-reasearched critiques. This is sophmoric, however.

it's of course the readers job to figure out what conspiracy if any Jim wants you to believe Chomsky is advocating. The level of intervention by nationalists throughout this thread has been deplorable.

Oh man, I can't believe people would challenge you! How deplorable!!

Naturally, anyone that disagrees with you is a "nationalist" or a "goon" or what not.

You must be really broken up about poor OBL's death. :cry: :cry: :cry:

I know I know, we're imperialists. Which is why it was wrong to kill bin Laden, right? I mean, if America is so imperialistic, then NOTHING we do can be right!!! Speaking of strawman!!!!! :lmao:

Oh man, I can't believe people would challenge you! How deplorable!!

Naturally, anyone that disagrees with you is a "nationalist" or a "goon" or what not.

No, people using goon tactics like repeated ad-hom without ever providing any argument is deplorable. I do suspect that much of the refusal to remain skeptical is fueled by nationalism.

You must be really broken up about poor OBL's death. :cry: :cry: :cry:

I know I know, we're imperialists. Which is why it was wrong to kill bin Laden, right? I mean, if America is so imperialistic, then NOTHING we do can be right!!! Speaking of strawman!!!!! :lmao:

OBL was a violent extremist who once did our bidding in Afghanistan, like Saddam hussein did in Iraq btw. Many serious analysts consider that our involvements in Iraq and Afghanistan are motivated by resource control.

The point being exactly what? That there is an underlying truth - we made up the al Qaeda connection? Or the more likely supposition that not every government statement on the subject will agree with another. I'm sure I could do similar justice to quotes from Chomsky given a couple hours of research. Look - I generally like, or at least understand, most of his well-reasearched critiques. This is sophmoric, however.

Pretty odd line of argumentation since the results of the investigation led by the FBI isn't affected by the declarations of other gov agencies, which under Bush were almost universally considered to over-reach for political motives.

Chomsky's gotta make a living, like everybody. He's got an audience, he puts out a product. Every once in a great while he manages to make a point, but most of his stuff might have well been generated by a Write Like Chomsky pseudo random word generator.

I find him unreadable, but some of my friends enjoy his books. In the end, like Nader, he's a brand.

too bad you erased that post rob. We could have discussed how nationalism makes some people claim that respect for the rule of law and justice amounts to support for terror. Shame on you! You are turning out to be some piece of work (like a few others around here)

...... Every once in a great while he manages to make a point, but most of his stuff might have well been generated by a random word generator.

This could be applied to - oh nevermind.

Sometimes watching the random word generator wind itself up into a frenetic, incoherent, rabid lather and then blue screen is well worth watching for nothing more than sheer entertainment value.

So....has anyone come up with real evidence that Bin Laden had anything to do with 9/11?

Or are you just going to fling mud and hiss?

i've yet to visit ground zero since 9/11 so i'm not yet 100% certain the towers aren't still there :crazy:

...... Every once in a great while he manages to make a point, but most of his stuff might have well been generated by a random word generator.

This could be applied to - oh nevermind.

Sometimes watching the random word generator wind itself up into a frenetic, incoherent, rabid lather and then blue screen is well worth watching for nothing more than sheer entertainment value.

ttk aspires to entertaining