Uh yeah, who else we got?

prole

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's too bad the Democrat Party hasn't figured out how to effectively protect itself from this strategy, much less learned play the game itself. I'm tired of waiting for these schmucks to figure out what politics is.

"Preemptive cooptation". LULZ...I think I just crapped myself.

Unfortunately I don't believe that anything happening at that level of the political food chain is haphazard: they know what it takes to win. I am even starting to wonder whether the market crash occurring just before the 08 election was entirely per chance.

Whorebama's orientations long pre-date the "institutional realities" his remaining supporters on the left invoke to explain his almost immediate (now accelerated) shift to the right. An almost foregone conclusion really...

I only voted for him because he's black.

Blah, big deal: don't think you're too good for the rest of us as he's only half black anyway. You could have voted for Hillary cause she'd be the first bi/gay woman President. I'd have given you some points. I figured that Obama got elected cause as a country we always go for whatever the last President didn't have. Obama is very smart.....and a great speaker too. Which is how we got Bill Clinton (twice) as well I suspect. I don't think Obama is getting the 2nd election win though. 1 term dude. That's Bush's fault of course.

1 term unless they hire the Bush election folks and they manipulate the votes like they did for Bush. Let me show you some software work.

Why and how Bush got his 2nd term

Ps, interesting that I heard (this comes from someone who got it from Bush, that Barak calls GWB every week or 2 to chat). To me, this indicates Obamas strength, his intellect. He can converse with an "arch-rival" and learn from the experience, not only converse, but call up and ask for info.

Whorebama's orientations long pre-date the "institutional realities" his remaining supporters on the left invoke to explain his almost immediate (now accelerated) shift to the right. An almost foregone conclusion really...

I only voted for him because he's black.

I had no great illusions but I am surprised by how blatant was his shift to the right considering the lofty, very progressive rhetoric of the campaign. So blatant that I don't think he can expect much of the dem base to campaign for him in 2012, but GOPers have no real incentive to take the presidency away from him. After, the crash of 2008, it'd have been difficult for a Republican in the white house to prevent serious financial reform, to give a blank check to corporations and the wealthy, etc as easily as it happened. It's becoming a real possibility that regressives reach their goal of taking back all that was gained during the New Deal.

In purely partisan terms, Obama's been getting circles run round him by a better organized, more energized, ideologically coherent, strategically minded, aggressive opponent that doesn't understand or need to understand the concept of "defence". He'll win reelection in 2012 by giving his opponents everything they want, namely our steaming entrails.

In purely partisan terms, Obama's been getting circles run round him by a better organized, more energized, ideologically coherent, strategically minded, aggressive opponent that doesn't understand or need to understand the concept of "defence". He'll win reelection in 2012 by giving his opponents everything they want, namely our steaming entrails.

You'll still vote for BHO in 2012, like the good little bitch that you are :wave:

In purely partisan terms, Obama's been getting circles run round him by a better organized, more energized, ideologically coherent, strategically minded, aggressive opponent

I doubt Democrats didn't know they would need people power after the election to force change. Telling voters their job was done and sending them home was IMO a conscious decision to take the street out of the equation. At the same time Obama told people to make him do it, his new chief of staff told the base to stfu and let the grown up get to work as if their triangulating had any chance of winning Blue dogs over to the progressive cause. For example, tea party demos at town hall meeting during that fateful summer should have been dwarfed by progressive protests but Dems were too concerned keeping their corporate sponsors happy by holding the single payer option off the table.

For example, tea party demos at town hall meeting during that fateful summer should have been dwarfed by progressive protests but Dems were too concerned keeping their corporate sponsors happy by keeping the single payer option off the table.

Right. So where were you? Instead of inflicting us with your verbal diarrhea, you could have been putting your money where your mouth is, leading your progressive cohorts on an unprecedent wave of change-inducing protests. :lmao: