On a Lighter Note...

jkrueger

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That story's ripe for a movie. They'll probably throw in a few explosions, too, just for effect, and cast that guy from Vertical Limit as Tommy Caldwell. Play up the Muslim terrorist angle, have Jerry Bruckheimer produce -- instant blockbuster. Where's the "retch" gremlin?

Hmmmmm...Eminem, Britney Spears...

This has all the makings of a "West Side Story" meets "Evita" meets "Tommy" Rock Opera/Big Screen Musical.

Or...think Central Asian version of "Sound of Music" with Britney and Fred Durst hiking over the mountains; Fred carrying that kid from "The Sixth Sense" on his back escaping Muslim radicals...Call Andrew Lloyd Weber!!!

[big Grin]

Greg

At least you know Britney's going to be "climbing" in one of those skimpy Prana tops.

BETH: Oops, I did it again! I left my sleeping bag in the other haulbag!

TOMMY: Oh, that's alright. Why don't you just use mine?

BETH: But you're using it!

TOMMY grins.

BETH: Oh, Tommy, I know what you're up to! I'm not that innocent!

BETH snuggles closer on the portaledge.

BETH: I saw some funny men with guns and towels on their heads staring at us today, Tommy. Are they terrorists? I'm scared!

TOMMY: Hush now...

quote:

Originally posted by glen:

Featuring the hit single "I'm a belay slave for you."

Any movie with the words "slave" and "Britney Spears" in it is destined to be a blockbuster. Could we work in the words "sweaty", or "wet", or "writhing"? [Wink]

I think that might be in the trailer:

"Wet and writing, they struggle to the top of the epic wall... only to be caught at a moment of inattention (script reads, in the sack), by the evil terrorists. In a moment of American nationalistic heroism, they escape after pushing the guard to his doom (script reads a disembolwment with an ice axe and a big fall of guard off spontaneous 130,000,000 foot cliff)."

Guard played by a Keanu Reeves? Acting ability might be appropriate...

quote:

Originally posted by ruddersbox:

The movie version of the "harrowing 18-mile trek to freedom" will be replaced with the Airwolf reunion to help boost sales to the thirty somethings in the viewing audience.

supercopter2.JPG

Or not... The whole NPR nooner has me spun...

Where'd they get the cool purple action suits?