Class Warfare, Heartland USA,: Wisconsin

Crux

• Replies 286
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

NYT editorial today:

"Meanwhile, the governor is refusing to accept his own share of responsibility for the state’s projected $137 million shortfall. Just last month, he and the Legislature gave away $117 million in tax breaks, mostly for businesses that expand and for private health savings accounts. That was a choice lawmakers made, and had it not been for those decisions and a few others, according to the state’s Legislative Fiscal Bureau, the state would have had a surplus."

Walker's proposed law would limit contracts to 1 year (yup, let's go through this EVERY YEAR) and disallow union dues from being automatically deducted from paychecks. Collective bargaining for wages only, with wages severely capped. No union busting there.

Well if they are smart it will support the belief that the teachers union is not afraid to tell lies and cheat to get a some small gain.

Why do you robber baron extremists want to take away collective bargaining rights if it is a "small" matter?

btw it isn't a "gain" since you want to take something away from public workers. Your propaganda sucks!

More than anyone else here save KKK, Nitrox diligently parrots damn near every one of FOX's sound bytes, word for word sometimes.

A free thinking libertarian of the highest order!

Unfortunately, Laissez Faire zealots have almost entirely co-opted the term "libertarian", which has come to only mean anti-choice, militaristic, return to robber baron age goodness, i.e. Murdoch's agenda.

"We're going to go negotiate with our unions in a collective-bargaining fashion to achieve goals," the Republican governor said in an interview. "It's not picking fights. It's about getting people to come together and say here are the facts, here are the common-ground solutions."

Gov. Rick Snyder, MI

Snyder's asking state employees for $180 M in concessions this session...$43 M more than in WI

Edited by tvashtarkatena

stop the charade, everybody knows you wouldn't support public worker's right to a descent living no matter what.

I don't support public employee unions, I've never said otherwise.

shifting the goal post again. That's what you said "Regardless of what the Governor is doing I refuse to support liars." which means you'd consider supporting them against the governor if they weren't "liars" (actually they used sick days to go around the anti-labor laws that you support), which is a total lie.

stop the charade, everybody knows you wouldn't support public worker's right to a descent living no matter what.

I don't support public employee unions, I've never said otherwise.

shifting the goal post again. That's what you said "Regardless of what the Governor is doing I refuse to support liars." which means you'd consider supporting them against the governor if they weren't "liars" (actually they used sick days to go around the anti-labor laws that you support), which is a total lie.

Actually it means that regardless of weather I agree with their point of view I refuse to to even consider it because their position is supported with deceit. In this case the governor tried to negotiate with them prior to the drafting the bill in question and since they refused to make any concessions they are now getting the short end. But even in light of that, the alternative is layoffs to meet the budget.

I don't support public employee unions but even so, if all my employees called in sick and then recruited my customers to protest against me I'd fire all of them. There is no shortage of teachers who'd fill the roles, there's no reason for the state to get strong armed.

"We're going to go negotiate with our unions in a collective-bargaining fashion to achieve goals," the Republican governor said in an interview. "It's not picking fights. It's about getting people to come together and say here are the facts, here are the common-ground solutions."

Gov. Rick Snyder, MI

Snyder's asking state employees for $180 M in concessions this session...$43 M more than in WI

Snyder got elected by the unions and has to negotiate or he'll lose his job. That isn't the case in WI.

I'd say this is a far, far more valuable education for WI's kids than the memorizing the quadratic equation. Might as well let 'em in on what America's really all about as early as possible.

both things are valuable, and both things vital for a healthy republic

OK: give us the quadratic equation for 1/4 of your grade: Go.

No GOOGLEZ!

i'm fine w/ a C :)

lesssee though, sinc eyou ask - i recall a +/- being in there, and a big old square root w/ a bunch of goobley-gook under it, ummm, and all that over somethign else - do i get partial credit for showing my work? :)

seem to recall a conversation comparing the virtues of knowing trig versus how to make a lamp in "the breakfast club" - had about the same conclusion as mine.

Actually it means that regardless of weather I agree with their point of view I refuse to to even consider it because their position is supported with deceit.

sigh ... whether you'd consider supporting public workers or you just "may" consider it doesn't change anything to the fact that we all know you'd never support public workers and their unions no matter what, which makes of you something between a liar and deluded.

In this case the governor tried to negotiate with them prior to the drafting the bill in question and since they refused to make any concessions they are now getting the short end. But even in light of that, the alternative is layoffs to meet the budget.

we always knew you were the job killers! no need to remind us. Asking people to bend over isn't negotiating.

I don't support public employee unions but even so, if all my employees called in sick and then recruited my customers to protest against me I'd fire all of them. There is no shortage of teachers who'd fill the roles, there's no reason for the state to get strong armed.

we already know that you are against all collective bargaining tools, including the right to unionize anywhere, which is why your employees have only wild cat strikes to counter your authoritarian ways.

Your position is flimsy, asking the state workers to contribute to their health care and pension was in lieu of layoffs. Since the governor has the votes he now going to remove any future obstacles.

What's funny is that you're so locked into your political views that you're stuck trying to explain and excuse outright dishonesty and bad behavior. Its no wonder why you're trying to make the issue about me personally, all you have is deflection.

1. I personally love hearing the folks hearken back to the nightmarish days before collective bargaining, when the only thing standing between public employees and grievous exploitation by a rapacious electorate and their representatives was the full suite of civil service code protections, plus the full complement of legal and statutory protections available to workers in the private sector.

2. Kind of amusing to reflect back on the original progressive movement's campaigns against corruption, waste, graft, and inefficiency in government and contrast it with the priorities of today's progressives. Boss Tweed would have a much more congenial relationship with the progressive activists of today.