Vegans with Pets

rob

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm going to guess that most everyone in this thread that is bashing vegan diets is a fat ass. Prove me wrong, post up your height and weight.

-Nate

6', 165.

I was a vegan for 5 years, and a vegetarian for another 3 on top of that. My ex-wife was a raw-food psycho. And I think it's all bullshit.

I'm going to guess that most everyone in this thread that is bashing vegan diets is a fat ass. Prove me wrong, post up your height and weight.

-Nate

Given the physical nature of this site I don't expect you're going too find many over weight people here.

-Nate

8' 6", 453 lbs - i eat anything slow enough or stupid enough to let me get up close, including parsnips for shit's sake :)

I agree, it's the size of the meat that matters; how many people stop at 3oz? Prob not many, thinking bigger is better. Actually chewing on any food, instead of just shoveling, goes a long ways. Since I have started really rinsing the soaked beans gas is no longer an issue--should have followed the directions a long time ago. Sure I have my binges, but not so much anymore on junk food, more like nuts and raisons or huge portions of beans and potatoes. Like Julia Child Love whatever you eat; she lived to be really old.

-Nate

Given the physical nature of this site I don't expect you're going too find many over weight people here.

you go outside?

I've been known to post Spray from the crag.

-Nate

6', 165.

My ex-wife was is a raw-food psycho.

Looks like we actually have something in common after all.

Let's hope not. It didn't end well for me.

Most of the vegans I know eat more processed food than I do. It takes a lot of science to make soybeans and mushrooms look like bacon and sausages and cheese :lmao:

FIELD ROAST = VEGAN SPRAY CHEESE LOLWTFBBQ

Sadly, i agree with you. Most vegans and vegetarians I know could better be described as pastatarians. Not healthy at all.

My only point was it is possible to be vegan and enjoy a complete balanced diet. Totally agree that many vegans don't. But keep in mind many non-vegans don;t have a healthy, balanced diet either....i don't think it has much to with whether you eat meat or not but rather how much thought and planning you put into what you do eat.

I'm OK with vegans, I'm just playing around.

However, there are two types of vegans:

1) Meat isn't good for you, I"m a vegan for health.

2) "I don't eat animals because I RESPECT ALL LIFE."

The second type is mentally incompetent.

I don't eat animals because I respect all Life, thats me. Sorry Rob, you are a little off in your estimation dude. Have you killed allot? Is it easy for you to blow something away with a gun or to slit the throat of a creature? Look it in the eyes while you do it? I was a hunter since I was 8 years old, and I laid down my rifles and shotguns about 15 years ago. I got really really good at shooting, marksman awards since I was 13, and hunting and tracking became second nature and way to easy. Ate what I killed and all that. But I finally figured out it doesn't make you a man to kill something OR to eat meat. If you feel you need to, go for it. Everyone has to walk their own path, but unless you are killing the animal, you are just subsidizing the horrible factory farms that our processed meat industry has become and also have no idea what really goes into taking the life of another creature. Being a hunter/meateater doesn't the man make.

I don't eat animals because I respect all Life, thats me. Sorry Rob, you are a little off dude. Have you killed allot? Is it easy for you to blow something away with a gun or to slit the throat of a creature? Look it in the eyes while you do it? I was a hunter since I was 8 years old, and I laid down my rifles and shotguns about 15 years ago. I got really really good at shooting, marksman awards since I was 13, and hunting and tracking became second nature and way to easy. Ate what I killed and all that. But I finally figured out it doesn't make you a man to kill something OR to eat meat. If you feel you need to, go for it. Everyone has to walk their own path, but unless you are killing the animal, you are just subsidizing the horrible factory farms that our processed meat industry has become and also have no idea what really goes into taking the life of another creature. Being a hunter/meateater doesn't the man make.

You respect ALL life? Why is it ok to kill vegetables? Is that not Life? I totally understand that you don't want to kill animals because they're sentient or whatever -- I used to be like that. I slaughtered a rooster once and I was a vegetarian for almost a decade after that. Messed with my head.

But don't give me that bullshit "I respect ALL life" -- it's fucking trash. No you don't. You only respect certain life that you think it "better" or "more important."

You kill things to eat. Bottom line. Life must end so that yours can continue. If you keep on with that whole, "I respect life, that's why I don't kill animals" bullshit, you just sound like a retard. Animals are not the only life out there. Life of any kind is special, and you can't avoid killing life to live. Stop acting like you're so much more spiritual than everyone else, because you "Respect life" and I guess the rest of us don't? You need to come to terms with thae fact that you are a killer. Deal with that, and stop hiding from that fact by accusing OTHER peopel of not "Respecting life."

Come to terms with that, and I'll respect your choice to not eat creatures with brains.

Killer. You're on a slipperly slope to Jainism. Meat is murder? So is picking carrots. Deal with it. HEverything kills something to live. You haven't avoided that.

"Oooh, I respect life, and you don't. You eat meat cause it makes you feel like a man. Do you like to kill? Do you like to blow stuff away?..." -- so self-righteous. Sorry dude, but you're not better than other people because you've convinced yourself that you "respect life" and that other people don't. You're fooling yourself. DOesn't work on me, though.

BTW u walked into my trap PERFECTLY

Edited by rob

But I finally figured out it doesn't make you a man to kill something OR to eat meat.

[video:youtube]9aMKvykbdpA

but rope soloing a few low grade climbs and telling ur audience "not to be a puss, yoo know who you are" does :lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao:

Edited by pink

I'm OK with vegans, I'm just playing around.

However, there are two types of vegans:

1) Meat isn't good for you, I"m a vegan for health.

2) "I don't eat animals because I RESPECT ALL LIFE."

The second type is mentally incompetent.

I agree, especially on point 2. I've always found it curious that some humans are the only species that considers this. I doubt Smokey the Bear, or any other animals is like "oh, I don't want to hurt the poor little guy"... Just seems odd. But hey, whatever floats yer boat. Just please don't lecture me about my juicy grass fed, hormone free steak... To each his own.

As far as Vegan, Raw, Atkins, whatever, the proof is in da pudding. I can honestly say that my lovely wife has gotten much more lovely since she went to a diet of mostly unprocessed foods. Her skin has a nicer glow, she has lost some weight and a lot of her friends and coworkers have noticed "she just looks healthier". She has always been very active/fit and the only change is trying to eat at least 60% unprocessed/organic foods. Your results may vary. The key is finding the right balance that works for you. So far, I'm leaning out incredible fast since I cut out the sugar/carbs for a month or two on my docs recommendation. The first week was a real bitch, but I think I'm over the hump now. I have a lot more energy but I can't seem to get full, no matter how much protein and veggies I eat. I'm counting the days till I can have a bowl of ice cream and some cookies. Maybe even a beer or three. whoo hoo. :brew:

I slaughtered a rooster once and I was a vegetarian for almost a decade after that.

It was probably a tough bird anyhow. If you'd eaten it it would have taken 10 years of chewing to soften.

One of my earliest memories was Pops taking me to some sheep farm. As they herded the sheep into this maze, corral thing, I felt really sorry for one poor little guy that had a bloody nose. All the sheep looked very upset and knew the gig was up. Soon enough, the poor little guy with the bloody nose, took a 44 slug and ended up in the freezer, along with a few others. I will never forget that day. Yet, I don't recall thinking about that when I was later eating the poor guy. I no longer hunt, but did when I was growing up and we were always taught to be respectful and grateful for any bounty. It's just part of life. It's a dog eat dog world. We are just lucky enough to live in a time & place that offers a lot of choices that other generations did not even dream of. We can go off on a whole other tangent about the evils of the mega food corporations and meat industries, but that should be another thread of it's own.