lillooet housing?

sparkytheflash

so what is the housing situation looking like in lillooet these days? the last time i went up there like 7 yrs ago we stayed at a motel in town and they gave us a climbers discount and it worked out to be about $32 per person per night for three people. is it still that cheap? or is there a hostel that might make it cheaper? think i might be able to pull this lillooet trip off after all!

thanks in advance for the input,

dave

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I was up there a few weeks ago and for the first time stayed at some place across the street next to the video shack -Hotel D'oro or something like that...it made the Mile O seem like a shithole in comparison, and it was cheaper.

There is a Climber's Log at the Reynolds now too, which would benefit from having some more input.

Edited by Crack

well the retasket motel is $63 and they have 2 queens(for all those homophobic climbers out there) and a continental breakfast every morning. i don't remember having that at the mile-0 the last time i was there. i'm going to be up there between the 8th and the 18th. i thought i would have a friend be able to go but he's a carpenter and hard up for work right now and not sure if he wants to pay for that much lodging. the only person that responded to the post was only good for 2 days so i'm still looking for takers.

what is the climber's log at the reynolds?

dave

63$ cdn/night for 2 seems pretty std. I stay at the Mile 0 out of habit and its reasonably clean and quiet, not because it's awesome. (It seems many years now that Lillooet had the kind of climber traffic where you actually had to reserve much in advance. Ah those were the days! Seeing Don Serl and Drew et al at the Reynolds on Sat/Sun morning at 5:30am or so like clockwork....)

The climbers log is just a book. It's been there for years, actually.

(It seems many years now that Lillooet had the kind of climber traffic where you actually had to reserve much in advance. Ah those were the days! Seeing Don Serl and Drew et al at the Reynolds on Sat/Sun morning at 5:30am or so like clockwork....)

Is climber traffic really down that much in Lillooet? Haven't been there since 2004/05, mostly on account of moving away for a few years - but I just kind of assumed that if anything, climber traffic would have increased in the meantime.

Bad conditions or people seeking greener pastures elsewhere?

I have stayed at the Reynolds and Mile0 so far this year.

Mile 0= cheap

Reynolds= Raised their rates a few years ago but it is above the bar!

4 pines= nicest rooms in town INMHO but they are more expensive than Mile0.

I miss the old days 15 years ago when the Reynolds was 11 dollars US a night (double occupancy and a really strong US dollar)

The Reynolds Pub/ restaurant has a conditions log book. With a really cold winter, the chamber of commerce could do an ice park in town.

The town is hurting for ice climbers this year. When fat, for those climbing at the harder grades, Lillooet is better than 99% of the US including Colorado, Wyoming, and Montana. Who is going to repeat the the Theft?