What Kind of Handgun Should I Get?

prole

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't really get why people want to walk around with a gun in public, and bullsh*t if it's for safety. I'm not sure where you are going to live in Everett, but I doubt having a gun hidden in your pocket is going to make you safer. It may make you feel safer and tougher, but if someone gets the drop on you, you're toast.

A gun's cheaper than a Swedish Penis englarger!

• 2 years later...

99.9% of the gun owners in America looking for a reliable self defense tool would be better served with a good course in situational awareness, a working cell phone and being articulate enough to use it, than owning any firearm. A decent sized dog can do much of that for you and do it better, except of course dial and talk on the phone.

"fuck the dog, fool, he'll shit in the den! nowadays a gat is man's best friend"

:rawk:

It sure was fun rereading all the comments with gun-buying advice in this thread (including purchasing 10-round magazines) from the very same people who are now pontificating about the need for severe gun control and how gun users who support the 2nd amendment are morally liable for the murders of innocent children in Newtown and elsewhere. :wave:

It sure was fun rereading all the comments with gun-buying advice in this thread (including purchasing 10-round magazines) from the very same people who are now pontificating about the need for severe gun control and how gun users who support the 2nd amendment are morally liable for the murders of innocent children in Newtown and elsewhere. :wave:

That's one way to have a good time, I reckon.

shooting a gun is fun though, as is burning down churches - doesn't mean you can't admit that, and still advocate against it - ole'pat don't actually own a piece, then or now...

uh-huh. so you call it fun then say everyone that opposes new handgun regulations wholesale is complicit in murder. The logic of a egomaniacal sociopath

Since Tvash Mania is as popular as ever, understandably, given that Ivan and me own this here Universe n all you sorry mouth breathers in it:

I've owned 2 guns. My pa brought me back a WWI era Mauser rifle from Vietnam one year. How it got there is anybody's guess, but it was probably a bit of a long, wild journey. Noooot as well maintained as a responsible gun owner might like - self preservation precluded any test firing. Me bro still has it somewhere - I gave it to him when I left for college.

The second was also given to me by Dear Old Dad after his post Rodney King Riot freakout - a Colt Commander. Shot the box that came with it, then promptly traded it to some kid on Aurora for a dime bag and brief date with his baby mama.

I believe my recently posted conclusion was that it was kinda fun but got old quick. I don't know. Who can keep track?

Oh, wait....

Edited by tvashtarkatena

you might mind neitzche's advice on dealing w/ monsters then, moy druk :)

drug, not druk

Filing Date: 2/8/13

Poster: Ivan

Reason: Spelling error.

Probable Cause For: Thinks he's so smart but he's not.

Followup Action: Repost before he can erase the next time he brags about how smart he his.

Backup Action: If subject fails to brag, repost when Tvash brags about how smart he is to show how stupit his friends are.

Edited by tvashtarkatena