Jeff Lowe on the Eiger a 2nd time?

Dane

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It does look like a great film. I just find it irritating that even though we give people a whole forum to promote their blogs on, they spam cc.com with "check out my blog!" when a simple link to the actual content would suffice.

Don't get me wrong, Dane has really contributed a lot to this community. It's just that a link to a blog entry that was just a link set me off.

Think about what you're posting here people, and if you want to promote your blog, do it in the appropriate forum.

As I said it wasn't just a link....I support the film and was asking others to...if you bothered to read the blog :rolleyes:

One would think supporting the CC.com blog with your time would in turn get cc.com to support others even it it is a link to a link.

Now since we all know you are rolling in the coin here at cc.com from other's contributions how about you match me on a film donation to Lowe's project Mr. cc.com?

Did you just roll your eyes? Really? Just post the link next time. We all know about your blog already.

Dude you know nothing about my finances or nor do you seem to understand this site is no profit center for anyone. So I take it you are banking it with your blog that by appearances is fueled by the constant linking to it that you do here? You think we are doing this to get rich?

:lmao:

For the record, i did add to your blog hit count which is nicely displayed at the top for some reason. The post consisted of something like "I support this". Not sure why you couldn't have just said that here.

I actually do check out your blog from time to time, I just find the constant links here to "read what you wrote on your blog" tiresome. I know I'm not the only one in this community that feels that way. For instance.

As for what I'm willing to donate, I already gave a little to this venture earlier tonight. I have other things I consider a little more worthy that I'm giving the rest I can afford to donate to already.

The train is rolling and the donations are coming in at http://kck.st/f1tue2. This will be so cool when the film is done. The trailer is awesome. They seem to want to get not only Jeff Lowe's story but also the Eiger ascents from the past. I really hope Ueli Steck gets to climb the route. When my buddy Rick and I are out climbing and we need a burst of speed. We just yell Ueli Steck real loud. Seems to work. Our ice tools hum and start to glow and we just power up the climb. GO JEFF AND UELI!!!!!

bump

The train is rolling and the donations are coming in at http://kck.st/f1tue2. This will be so cool when the film is done. The trailer is awesome. They seem to want to get not only Jeff Lowe's story but also the Eiger ascents from the past. I really hope Ueli Steck gets to climb the route. When my buddy Rick and I are out climbing and we need a burst of speed. We just yell Ueli Steck real loud. Seems to work. Our ice tools hum and start to glow and we just power up the climb. GO JEFF AND UELI!!!!!