Don't Worry...Eat Healthy

allthumbs

quote:

Originally posted by gregm:

duck stab

You are good!

[big Drink]

Bosse-de-Nage was a dogfaced baboon less cyno- than hydro cephalous, and, as a result of this blemish, less intelligent than his fellows. The red and blue callosity which they sport on their buttocks was, in his case, displaced by Faustroll, by means of some strange medication, and grafted on to his cheeks, azurine on one, scarlet on the other, so that his flat face was a tricolor. Not content with this, the good doctor wanted to teach him to speak; and if Bosse-de-Nage (so named because of the double protuberance of the cheeks described above) was not com pletely familiar with the French language, he could pronounce fairly correctly a few words of Belgian, calling the life belt hanging at the stern of Faustroll's skiff "swimming-bladder with inscription thereon," but more often he enunciated a tautologi cal monosyllable: "Ha ha," he said in French; and he added nothing more. This character will prove very useful during the course of this book, to punctuate some of its overlong speeches: in the manner of Victor Hugo (The Burgraves, part I, sc. 2):

And is that all? - Nay, listen yet: And Plato, in various passages:

Thou speakest truth, he replies. It is true. It is very true. It is clear, he replies, even to a blind man. It is obvious. It is an obvious fact. That is so. It seems. That is also my opinion. It does in fact appear to be so. That is so, he replies. I am also of that persuasion. Absolutely, he replies. Thou speakest wisely. Well. Certainly, indeed. I recall. Yes. It is thus. I think so, and most strongly. I agree. Very right. That is doubtless right, he replies. That is true, he replics. That is indeed nccessary. By all means. By all means indeed. By all manner of means. We admit it. It is absolutely necessary. Very much. Very much indeed, in fact. That is logical, indeed. How could that be so? How could that be otherwise? How could it be otherwise? What then? What? Thou speakest truth. How true that seems.

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

quote:

Originally posted by trask:
Postmodernism as 'Pataphysics Institutionalizedby Douglas Puchowski

In fact it is the original 'Pataphysicist himself... Alfred Jarry. But your web search was close.

-------------------

UBU ROI

I don't care what that web site says, I am almost positive that Ron Gardener and Kent Morell of the WAILERS in Tacoma wrote LOUIE-LOUIE. Paul Revere and the Raiders did't record it until '63. I have a Wailers recording from '61 with it. For what it is worth...it is worth what you paid for it- nothing.

quote:

Originally posted by roger johnson:

I don't care what that web site says, I am almost positive that Ron Gardener and Kent Morell of the WAILERS in Tacoma wrote LOUIE-LOUIE. Paul Revere and the Raiders did't record it until '63. I have a Wailers recording from '61 with it. For what it is worth...it is worth what you paid for it- nothing.

Welcome

to LOUIE LOUIE.NET, the internet edition of the LOUIE REPORT. The LOUIE REPORT is a publication that tracks progress of the upcoming documentary entitled "THE MEANING OF LOUIE," produced and directed by Eric Predoehl. This documentary will be the an extensive review of the song "LOUIE LOUIE," and all things LOUIE. Produced with the complete approval of Richard Berry, the man who wrote this legendary melody, this documentary will study the history of the song, and all the people whose lives were changed in some form by the song. Many years in the making, this project will be a comprehensive study of one of the most recognizable songs on the planet, from the story of Richard Berry; the Northwest rock scene in the early 1960's featuring The Wailers, Little Bill & the Blue Notes, the Frantics, and Dave Lewis Combo; leading to the massive success of The Kingsmen; the controversial F.B.I. investigations surrounding the questionable lyrics; the unique career of Paul Revere & the Raiders; the college party connection re-popularized by the movie ANIMAL HOUSE; and all the various musicians that were influenced by this song for better or worse. This documentary will also discuss the nature of populist politics, music censorship, song writing, commercialization, and so much more. This ever-evolving website will provide a unique link for appreciators of fine music with production details, music trivia, and ideas about other places you might enjoy.

Speaking of Canajuns and eating healthy...

According to Farley Mowat, the Inuit Indians in the Canadian artic were capable of gorging themselves with up to 15 pounds of caribou meat at one sitting when the herds returned from their annual migration. And an average pound of caribou meat had over 100 worms, parasites, and blowfly larvae. Now that's good eating!

And another Great White North food anecdote. A few years back, my brother and I were paddling down the BC coast North of Vancouver Island, when we happened upon a camp of loggers. They had been dropped off in this remote roadless area by barge, along with some basic equipment to keep them going: a bulldozer, a couple pickups, a couple trailers, guns, and large quantities of booze.

Anyway they were cool guys, and we were tired of eating fish for weeks on end, so we accepted their invite to dinner. Over beers, they told us all kinds of crazy stories. For entertainment they would chase and tree black bears, then break out the chainsaws and play "topple smokey." The game involved cutting down the tree with the bear in it, and betting on the result. Ah, those crazy canucks know how to have fun!

For dinner, they cooked up the ultimate monochrome meal: white pork chops, white chicken breasts, white mashed potatoes, white rice, white steamed califlower, and white bread. Then, over everything, they poured this brown stuff called HB Sauce, which is sort of the moosehugger version of A-1 or barbecue sauce. It was pretty comical, but I have to admit, after eating fish and beans for the previous month, that was one of the top 10 meals I've ever had! [big Drink]

[ 03-16-2002: Message edited by: Uncle Tricky ]

quote:

Originally posted by Dru:
Walking women want to seeThe Southern Cross at nightAnd so they set aside a sockAnd tie their laces tightYet mournful is the melodyThat echoes in their headWithout a beat they march alongBelieving Bach is dead.
BACH IS DEAD!

Hey! I pulled out a Resident's shirt and wore it to the gym last night. Crazy!

quote:

Originally posted by chucK:

Hey! I pulled out a Resident's shirt and wore it to the gym last night. Crazy!

In University and High School I wore my "Eskimo" era residents shirt so much that it is basically one big hole now with a couple'a black fabric swatches attached.

But then I got a new one last year when their 30th anniversary tour hit Vancouver.

promo99-large.jpg

A college buddy of mine came up w/ the theory that eating a greasy, fatty diet is good for you because it lubricates your blood vessels, allowing the blood to flow thru more easily. Don't listen to your Dr. and all that crap about placque build-up and heart disease or what-not.