Dem revolt

tvashtarkatena

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

As a ballpark I'd say it'd take ~ 1.25-1.5 million in liquid assets to generate an inflation-indexed income stream between 40 and 60K per year for a guy in his late 40's

where do you come up with this?

Guesstimate.

Plug the age/assets into online annuity quote thingies or monte-carlo simulators and it'll probably give you a figure in this ballpark.

Easy - then he'd be one of the "wealthiest American's have really honored us with their exemplary service, compassion, fairness, gratitude, and basic values in recent years..."

[..]

- but all of the off-topic comments about being able to "do whatever the fuck I want, "Chief Technical Officer for a tech company" etc, etc, etc, seemed as though they were an extremely *cough* subtle way for him to advertise the fact that he was independently wealthy.

Sorry, but I still don't understand what you claim is the relevancy of TVash presumed wealth and what it has to do in this context. It's not like he has a conflict of interest so what the fuck are you implying?

As a ballpark I'd say it'd take ~ 1.25-1.5 million in liquid assets to generate an inflation-indexed income stream between 40 and 60K per year for a guy in his late 40's

Guesstimate. Plug the age/assets into online annuity quote thingies or monte-carlo simulators and it'll probably give you a figure in this ballpark.

what a bullshitter you are.

Guesstimate. Plug the age/assets into online annuity quote thingies or monte-carlo simulators and it'll probably give you a figure in this ballpark.

what a bullshitter you are.

LOL Even JayB's caught the groupie thang.

What's he BUILDING in there?

Edited by tvashtarkatena

Having been to Tvash's house, I can attest that it is obvious he is extremely wealthy. His personal staff of dwarf valets is particularly impressive. They wear tiny little cowboy costumes, riding bareback on purebred greyhounds across the manicured grounds.

It's a little over-the-top, actually.

Guesstimate.

Plug the age/assets into online annuity quote thingies or monte-carlo simulators and it'll probably give you a figure in this ballpark.

hmmm. your initial post regarding projected returns sounded a little more authoritative than simply being info gleaned from some on-line wealth-o-meter.

my hope is that your general political analyses do not follow a similar process of development? (I would argue that most people's do....)

having said that, it would be interesting to know the particulars of said party's actual finances. I think anyone who claims financial independence automatically generates some interest in the particulars.

Having been to Tvash's house, I can attest that it is obvious he is extremely wealthy. His personal staff of dwarf valets is particularly impressive. They wear tiny little cowboy costumes, riding bareback on purebred greyhounds across the manicured grounds.

It's a little over-the-top, actually.

personally, i've always been more impressed w/ the gilded urinals, silk toilet paper, and faucets running chanel #5 :)

Guesstimate.

hmmm. your initial post regarding projected returns sounded a little more authoritative than simply being info gleaned from some on-line wealth-o-meter.

my hope is that your general political analyses do not follow a similar process of development? (I would argue that most people's do....)

having said that, it would be interesting to know the particulars of said party's actual finances. I think anyone who claims financial independence automatically generates some interest in the particulars.

It's actually waaay less authoritative than the online wealth-0-mether since the folks quoting immediate annuity payouts will actually have to fork over something like the quoted amount of money every year if someone buys a contract from them and hands over the lup-sum balance that they requested.

After looking at a ton of different outputs from various retirement income simulators, considering historical bond-yields and equity returns, etc, etc, etc - most of the values seemed to converge at something like ~$1,000,0000 per ~$50K inflation indexed income stream if you retire between 60-65 - if you want greater than a 50% chance of outliving your money. So - that's the ballpark that I go with, and I increase the amount by an arbitrary fudge-factor for folks that are younger. Not sure how close to the mark that is - but I'm confident that no one who retires in the late 40's/early 50's can get a $40-60K income stream that will last as long as they do with less than a million in the bank, and I'd personally want at least double that amount in the bank, if not more before I'd feel comfortable leaving the work force at that age.

I think that this retiremement income simulator:

TRowePrice.com/RetirementCalculator

uses Monte-Carlo simulation to generate income-stream predictions - at least it did when I used to work there way back when.

VPR News

Sanders Working To Filibuster Tax Deal

"Senator Bernie Sanders is trying to put together an unusual coalition of liberal Democrats and conservative Republicans to defeat a tax package backed by President Obama that includes tax cuts for the wealthy."

Linky