No Toilets at Vantage!

mtnmitch

So I was climbing at Vantage last weekend and discovered that they had removed the porta potties that used to be in the parking lot. Does anyone know anything about why the toilets are gone? I know that the area is managed by the Washington Department of Fish and Wildlife. There are a lot of people who don't pay for to permit to use the area so I can understand that they don't have the funds to pay for a porta potty. It seems to me that not having a toilet in such a high use area is a huge issue that should be solved quickly. Any thoughts?

Mitch

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Its sweet when you stroll into a secluded spot at vantage CG to take a dump, and find out pretty much everyone else found the same spot. I think I'd take the secluded-bush-shitpile over the poo-cone garbage filled porta potties of days past though. I think most of the shit get mowed by critters anyways. For the amount of people crapping in a several acre radius, it's really not that bad.

The challenges involve more than simple cost.

Public toilets everywhere are subject to general grossness and vandalism so that there are increasingly no public toilets available in stores, parks, or even in town. Remember the self-flushing toilets in downtown Seattle? They are gone in favor of having piles of pooh in the alleys.

I believe that the porta potty at Vantage is gone because the contractor refused to service it after finding needles in there on more than one occasion.

Public toilets everywhere are subject to general grossness and vandalism so that there are increasingly no public toilets available in stores, parks, or even in town. Remember the self-flushing toilets in downtown Seattle? They are gone in favor of having piles of pooh in the alleys.

This is an interesting point to ponder... Why is it that Seattle, a thriving metropolis of over 3.4 million souls in its metropolitan area, cannot install and maintain a public toilet, yet Paris, a thriving metropolis of over 10 million souls in its metropolitan area, can and indeed does install and maintain publicly available, pay-to-poo, self-cleansing toilets? I have used them, and they are by no means disgusting, gross, nor vandalized. What are we doing wrong here???