sprayictionary

gapertimmy

There was a thread a while back about climbing venacular. In particular, this thread focused on words that should be banned from climbing all together. I propose we take a different approach, and open this thread as a forum for words that should be embraced by the communutiy and used widely by all climbers whether amongst friends, gapers, foes or coworkers.

The board has truly spawned some new terms already, many may argue, spray has gained great moment because of the site, while my beloved freshies has seen a major surge in use. Just typing those words brings a smile to my face, and a bit of spray to my monitor.

So how bout it? Share with the rest of us those words you and your cell phone possee use when giving eachother a ring. Let us know that secret message the KTK whispers to eachother when sharing a bivy sack with ruxpin. Share thy venacular, and help grow the sprayictionary.

My entries for today:

owned(v), ooownedah. 1) The act of being owned by something. "That route fucking owned me". This term was permanantly implanted into my head by spending too many hours working with guys who enjoy playing online games. But I have since found the verb can be used outside of the nerd kingdom: "That phatty burrito is owning my ass right now", or when talking to jon "I own you sucka"

plabadj., p-LAB 1) Something that is magical, and too mystical for explanation. "The site of freshies on my face is so P-Lab. Plabby- The act of being a plab-ass. P-labio, something that is just so fuggin plab you can't say anything else. "more plab for the stab" well, we'll leave that one open to the imagination.

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

MEOW/CAKES (v) meeeeooooooohhhh, as in "you are so fuckin cakes" and "ohhh meow". Something to exclaim at someone when they are being a little beotch. For example when certain sprayers shed precious tears, or are on the VOT (verge of tears), or hiking down the trail of tears after an unsucesfful climb, you look at them and tell them how super cakes they are, and when their anger seems to hit the bowling point, you exclaim, meow little kitten. try it. grin.gif" border="0

Gaffel-to borrow with out asking, "hey what are you trying to do gaffel my carabiner"

Chiseler_ Pronounced chizzler, any body who is a climbing bum and is known take part in innocent gaffeling, of draws or what ever, 2- anyone who is always lookin for the cheapest ghetto way to do any thing, nic

Spondonicle:*

Originally Australian for a pot gripper (that grabby thing that comes with the MSR pot set) the term is now used interchanably with whatchamacallit and widget , ie "Can you pass me that spondonicle?" or "Dude where did I put my spondonicle?" or "None of my fuckin' spondonicles will fit in this crack!"

*On the supertopos website, on Conrad Ankers topo of El Nino, "spondonicle" is on the gear list.

Gizler (jiz-ler) (n) 1. Small hand hold barely enough to grip commonly found on sport routes by spendex clad boi. (See Lambone for definition of - Boi) "I like, had to totally gaston that slimey gizler just to send my rad bad ass project." 2. (n) Disgusting tasting gue underneith one's nose while ice climbing. "dude.. I was cover in frozen gizlers when I was pecking out that phat ice."

i always thought that thing was called a:

glom1. v. the act of attaching to something, "I'm not that into her, but she just kind of glommed onto me", "I asked him if he wanted a corn chip and he glommed onto the whole damn bag."2. n. an object used to glom "hey, pass me the glom, I just melted a hole in my gloves with this pot of boiling water."

quote:

Originally posted by Ropegun2001:
Gizler
(jiz-ler)
(n) 1. Small hand hold barely enough to grip commonly found on sport routes by spendex clad boi. (See Lambone for definition of - Boi) "I like, had to totally gaston that slimey gizler just to send my rad bad ass project." 2. (n) Disgusting tasting gue underneith one's nose while ice climbing. "dude.. I was cover in frozen gizlers when I was pecking out that phat ice."

to gizzle(v.) - what sport climbers consider eating while hovering about their liitle heaters at the base of chain reaction. "bob gizzled tony's spondicle, got the 'tein' and sent wicked hard mono doigt. and the girlz foubnd him plabalicous and threw their meow cakes at him."

A friend of mine who is married to one of my climbing buddies doesn't climb, but has totally mastered the vernacular (if only to make fun of his overeducated punk talkin' ass).

Case in point. She called him on his cell phone while he was at a crag and a friend picked up the phone, informing her that he was currently on a route. Two seconds later, the guy yelled up to my climbing buddy, "Dude, your wife wants you to muckleup on the gizler!"I nearly pissed myself.

quote:

Originally posted by Cpt.Caveman:
dickhead
(dikhed) noun,verb,adverb,adj,string,variable,const.subroutine,array,function- Drul! What a fucking Drul!

[ 11-20-2001: Message edited by: Cpt.Caveman ]

caveman: either a boulderer addicted to contrived sit down starts, or a "mixed" wood and rock route with no ice in Alberta, or a bizarre guy by the name of Xray Bonbon who has a uni-brow and masturbation scars on his palm from the time someone told him to sharpen his tool.

tongue.gif" border="0