What did you do....

hollyclimber

last weekend?

Thought I would move my spray to the correct forum...

Tried to climb in Squamish this last weekend. Had a GREAT trip to MEC (probably the best part of the weekend) and managed to climb about 5 single pitch routes in Squamish on Sunday. After we climbed until we had to admit that yes, it was really raining hard, we had to head to the pub. frown.gif

So, I sat in those great couches by the fireplace, drank a pitcher of something "logger" and ate waffles! Breakfast and beer at 2 pm...it was really great. Stared at the mural of the Chief and dreamed of doing Uncle Ben's with NO rain. It was really one of those fine rainy day feelings where you are glad to be inside and the rain isn't really so bad.

How about everyone else?

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Spent Friday feeling like we were going to be blown off of the Sunrise Camp on Mt. Adams. We forgot the cards so my fiancee and I played twenty questions for about ten hours, wishing we had more food.

Saturday we climbed above the clouds to the summit! We shared the Mazama Glacier with one other super friendly Aisan man until we hit the chain gang on the South Spur.

The Mazama is a great route, and I'd recomend it to any begginer/intermediate glacier travelers. There was only a bit of crevase navigation right out of Sunrise Camp. It got my eyes opened!

BTW- Everyone complains that the Native Americans on the Yakima reservation are rude. This was not my experience. The female officer/ranger(?) that we spoke with was really nice. Way freindlier than the two old bats at the US Forest Service office. She even said that she'd check and make sure we got out ok on Sat night. I was happy to kick down 20$ to the Reservation. Also, no need to buy a Volcano Permit if you are on Reservation Land. Bird Creek Meadows is the way to go!

The worst part about cleaning new routes is when you go to your bed and lichen falls out of your hair onto the pillow. Yuck! 2nd worst is when you accidently scrub your hand instead of the rock and get to pick your skin out of the brush...

Say no to scrubbing and lichen! Trundling is fun though.

Spent a few hours Saturday walking up to the Lunch Counter on Adams with some friends who are very new to alpinism. Camped there Saturday night. No summit for us on Sunday, but a great experience for them with winds and whiteouts, snow travel and ice axes. A relatively relaxing weekend for me. My goal was to be outside all weekend, and that was accomplished.

What did I do? I'm busy rakin' in about half of my year's income for only about five weeks of work, that's what I did this weekend! Yahoo! Gonna climb the remote Steven's Peak in the Tatoosh Range on Friday, though, and drink beer with m'righteous alpine homeys at the commie-bar in Ballard mañana.

ahoy!!!

- Dwayner

Mikey Schaeffer, Whillans, Erik Snyder, Alan Leber and I scrubbed and climbed some lines in the Icicle this weekend. Very nice crags!

I personally trundled a 70lb boulder off the crag for safety as well as 3 giant tree carcasses tongue.gif

Holly you should have joined us instead. No rain and more climbin' wink.gif Fun Fun!

-Cpt

Spent Friday night hunkered in with the masses at Camp Muir. 50 mph winds there - 90 mph winds through the gap. Helped hapless hiker build a wall for his REI dome tent that was gettting flattened. Figured summit was out of the question, but woke up at 5 am to calm winds and blue skies. Scrambled out of my tent, got to the top of the Cleaver had lunch, took a nap and met friends coming off the summit with RMI. Went home, slept, ate, watched TV.

[This message has been edited by EddieE (edited 08-06-2001).]

Holly,

I went and let Borbon scrape large amounts of dirt out of cracks and generally onto my head as I belayed (I'm still cleaning the dirt out of my gear).

Then we trundled big rocks and trees searching cleaning new lines. I like trundling blocks!

We climbed nice clean granite cracks. Welcome to the world of spray smile.gif

EddieE: That sounds like fun! How does Big Lou say it? The mountains really showing off isn't she? I heard that somewhere...

Lambone: Did you see any bolts on Victory Ridge Direct? Dan Smith is always trying to find those. wink.gif

Caveman: Climb offwidths...

Mike

[This message has been edited by mikeadam (edited 08-06-2001).]