Who Would It Be?

Dru

If you could have ANY climber you wanted as a partner for one route, what route and which climber would it be?

Would you do an unclimbed Cascades FA with Fred Beckey? A hard aid route with Chongo? Something rad alpine with Alex Lowe (yes you could bring him back from the dead!!)? Something on the North face of Jannu with Tomo Cesen? Or would you do the "Purple Helmet Ride" with Rachel Babkirk? wink.gif

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey, great topic Dru!

The cascades? Yeah, right.

Chongo? Are we talking about the same Chongo? Dude's had bags about 5 pitches up Sea of Dreams for like two years now. Last summer on the valley shuttle: Me: "Hey Chongo, when are you blasting off on the Sea? Those are your bags up there right?" Chongo: "I gotta find a cook to go up with me so I don't have to mess with it, fix a couple more pitches and then blast." That was in July. Bags were still there when I left in October.

Alex? I couldn't keep up.

Cesen? Probably steal your wallet, fuck your dog, and break your bong...then produce "evidence" and blame it all on your mom.

My choice: FA Grade VII in the Baltoro with Kennan Harvey.

Emmons Glacier on Rainier with Big Lou. Definitely. With a dazzling new variation which veers slightly over to the Winthrop and then back again. Can't wait for the summit high-fiving and if I'm really lucky, a big ole hug in down parkas!

- Dwayner