520 Bridge Toll

Crillz

Tolling is supposed to start in Spring of 2011.

The tolling system is supposed to be similar to the one that's used in the carpool lanes on 167. I couldn't find any information on the possible toll charge on the DOT website.

Anyone drive on 167 without the good-to-go and get a bill in the mail? Is the fee the same? Is a stamp required to mail it in?

I didn't look up the bill that passed, but have heard that the money collected from the 520 toll doesn't have to go to the 520 bridge project - WTF. Also, thoughts of tolling I-90 to get bypassers has been talked about.

The only conclusion I have come to so far, is that work totally SUCKS!

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

They were toll booths on 520 (east side) when I was a kid. I-90 was payed for (at the time), so the booths were abandoned. Now they want to rebuild and guess what they are planning toll booths :/

What little I know about the subject is these days if you want to cross the Narrows Bridge you either stop and pay at a booth, or you get a tag and place it on a corner of your windshield.

I believe on 167 you either have multiple passengers, or you have a tag on your window.

I think you can prepay, but I'm not positive about that. There's always the bus ;)

What little I know about the subject is these days if you want to cross the Narrows Bridge you either stop and pay at a booth, or you get a tag and place it on a corner of your windshield.

Or you fuck up and stay in the windshield tag lane, without a tag in the window, and get a big-ass bill in the mail. That's what my soon-to-be ex-wife did. :rolleyes: