• Announcements

• olyclimber

WELCOME TO THE CASCADECLIMBERS.COM FORUMS   02/03/18

We have upgraded to new forum software as of late last year, and it makes everything here so much better!  It is now much easier to do pretty much anything, including write Trip Reports, sell gear, schedule climbing related events, and more. There is a new reputation system that allows for positive contributors to be recognized,  it is possible to tag content with identifiers, drag and drop in images, and it is much easier to embed multimedia content from Youtube, Vimeo, and more.  In all, the site is much more user friendly, bug free, and feature rich!   Whether you're a new user or a grizzled cascadeclimbers.com veteran, we think you'll love the new forums. Enjoy!
Sign in to follow this  
summerprophet

Petition Against Climbing Restrictions

All apologies for the repost, but I feel very strongly about this issue, and would hate to have this buried under five pages of comments.

As detailed in this forum, Washington Legislature is trying to impose restrictions upon winter climbing. If you dissagree with this, I have created an online google document to collect names of those who oppose this bill.

http://spreadsheets.google.com/viewform?formkey=dFZPUy1QMXdCMUhmUV9HWWFEajVoMEE6MA

In the event you cannot use the google site, feel free to email me your:

1)Full name

2)City, County of residence

3)Any additional Comments you may have (be civil)

Send email to cwcguides@gmail.com

All apologies for the repost, but I feel very strongly about this issue, and would hate to have this buried under five pages of comments.

As detailed in this forum, Washington Legislature is trying to impose restrictions upon winter climbing. If you dissagree with this, I have created an online google document to collect names of those who oppose this bill.

http://spreadsheets.google.com/viewform?formkey=dFZPUy1QMXdCMUhmUV9HWWFEajVoMEE6MA

In the event you cannot use the google site, feel free to email me your:

1)Full name

2)City, County of residence

3)Any additional Comments you may have (be civil)

Send email to cwcguides@gmail.com

Here is a link to the roster for the house committee on Public Safety and Emergency. This is the committee holding the Public hearing. Besides the sponsor of the bill; the rest of the co-sponsors don't have a lot of say in whether or not the bill goes forward. This commitee is where we should probably focus our efforts. Take a look at the roster and PLEASE drop them a note stating your opposition to the bill. If any of these folks are represent your district, a good way to start your note is "I'm a voting constitient".

Done! Signed and with additional comments added (yes, Justin, they were civil, yet strident).

Perhaps a mod can make this a stickie until after the vote next week?

This is a poorly conceived bill on every level.

First and foremost, it attacks my personal freedom by dictating what I have in my pockets.

Second, it provides no benefit to an educated back country traveler/climber.

Third, it singles out one of the smallest user groups arbitrarily. This is most likely due to what sells in the press and what politicians think they can leverage to get re-elected.

And finally, the time spent legislating this bill should be invested in far more important issues during this economic downturn. Especially considering the fact that this bill would be un-enforcable.

In general, the introduction of this bill and the attention it is getting, however small, displays a gross misunderstanding of the facts and a misappropriation of the trust placed in our elected officials.

The bill got removed from the agenda earlier this morning at the request of the primary sponsor...

GREAT JOB, EVERYONE, for writing in and voicing your opinion on this issue!!!1 :tup: :tup: