never rob a ninja

t_rutl

What new details would those be? That the kid was from New Jersey?

That he wasn't inside the house when he killed him? I'd think it makes a huge difference to assess whether it was self-defense because going out to look for a robber isn't the same as checking there is nobody in your house.

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

a discussion of the "castle doctrine": http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Castle_Doctrine_in_the_United_States

for Washington State:

The statute in Washington state appear to be very simply and broadly stated.[19]

The law allows use of deadly force in the lawful defense of oneself, a family member, or any other person, when there is reasonable ground to prevent action(s) of the person slain to commit a felony or to do injury or harm, and there is imminent danger of such design being accomplished; or in the actual resistance of an attempt to commit a felony upon the slayer, on those in their presence, or upon or in a dwelling, or other place of abode, in which they are.

Washington state doesn’t have a specific Castle Doctrine law, but has no duty to retreat as precedent was set when the State Supreme Court found "that there is no duty to retreat when a person is assaulted in a place where he or she has a right to be."[20][21]

which means there is no duty to retreat, in the home or anywhere else ... it isn't the frontier for nothing.

Edited by j_b

I think the question is "what would prole do?"

he's offered a fair critique of how things played out, but i haven't heard what he'd do in a similar situation.

Hopefully just holler he was going to fuck him up to get the robber to run. It's what I did when it happened to me ~20 years ago. By the time I got downstairs, he was gone.

I think the question is "what would prole do?"

he's offered a fair critique of how things played out, but i haven't heard what he'd do in a similar situation.

Hopefully just holler he was going to fuck him up to get the robber to run. It's what I did when it happened to me ~20 years ago. By the time I got downstairs, he was gone.

On the other hand, it is not wise to take only a loud voice to a gun fight.

Although bare ass (sorry, I don't wear pajamas), I wasn't exactly empty handed. Probably not enough for a gun fight but it's not part of the imaginable as far as I am concerned.

Don't move to Chicago.

Detroit.

NJ.

NY.

I have lived in many of these places and the odds are 1) you'll never be faced with that kind of problem and 2) the robber doesn't want any kind of problem.

a discussion of the "castle doctrine": http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Castle_Doctrine_in_the_United_States

for Washington State:

The statute in Washington state appear to be very simply and broadly stated.[19]

The law allows use of deadly force in the lawful defense of oneself, a family member, or any other person, when there is reasonable ground to prevent action(s) of the person slain to commit a felony or to do injury or harm, and there is imminent danger of such design being accomplished; or in the actual resistance of an attempt to commit a felony upon the slayer, on those in their presence, or upon or in a dwelling, or other place of abode, in which they are.

Washington state doesn’t have a specific Castle Doctrine law, but has no duty to retreat as precedent was set when the State Supreme Court found "that there is no duty to retreat when a person is assaulted in a place where he or she has a right to be."[20][21]

which means there is no duty to retreat, in the home or anywhere else ... it isn't the frontier for nothing.

The cool part is that you get the title "slayer"

If any of you comes and crouches in my landlord's yard, I'm going to grab my samurai sword, hunt you down, and chop you up. Sound okay?

sounds like the kinda reasoning i use to explain to my little kids why they need to stay the fuck out of other folks' yards w/o they know them :)

If any of you comes and crouches in my landlord's yard, I'm going to grab my samurai sword, hunt you down, and chop you up. Sound okay?

sounds like the kinda reasoning i use to explain to my little kids why they need to stay the fuck out of other folks' yards w/o they know them :)

Yeah, they should probably just stay inside and practice chopping people up with samurai swords on XBox.

Although bare ass (sorry, I don't wear pajamas), I wasn't exactly empty handed. Probably not enough for a gun fight but it's not part of the imaginable as far as I am concerned.

Don't move to Chicago.

Detroit.

NJ.

NY.

I have lived in many of these places and the odds are 1) you'll never be faced with that kind of problem and 2) the robber doesn't want any kind of problem.

Yup. Odds are in your favor.

Odds are you could free solo triple colouirs and live too.

But it just takes one chunk that does the unexpected......

it's the new fad...all the cool kids are doing it

http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/ap/tx/6625077.html

Sword attack leads to charges in Bryan

BRYAN, Texas — An apparent fight over a soda can led to assault charges after a Bryan man allegedly used a sword to cut two of his roommates.

Michael Angel Zamago was in the Brazos County Jail on Friday on a charge of aggravated assault with a deadly weapon related to family violence.

Bail was $25,000. A jailer who declined to provide his name to The Associated Press said there was no record of an attorney for Zamago, who was arrested Thursday.

A police report indicates Zamago was upset to find a soda can in his room, thinking someone entered without permission.

Zamago allegedly used the sword to poke holes in a closed door to a room where the pair fled.

One roommate has a cut under his right arm pit. The other suffered a cut in the shoulder area.

Yeah, they should probably just stay inside and practice chopping people up with samurai swords on XBox.

they seem to prefer turning my back yard into a swamp, made of equal parts mud, hose-water, decaying tomatoes and miscellenous debris - the fouler it smells, the better the "witches potion" is :)