• Announcements

• olyclimber

WELCOME TO THE CASCADECLIMBERS.COM FORUMS   02/03/18

We have upgraded to new forum software as of late last year, and it makes everything here so much better!  It is now much easier to do pretty much anything, including write Trip Reports, sell gear, schedule climbing related events, and more. There is a new reputation system that allows for positive contributors to be recognized,  it is possible to tag content with identifiers, drag and drop in images, and it is much easier to embed multimedia content from Youtube, Vimeo, and more.  In all, the site is much more user friendly, bug free, and feature rich!   Whether you're a new user or a grizzled cascadeclimbers.com veteran, we think you'll love the new forums. Enjoy!
Sign in to follow this  
motamota

[TR] Colchuck Balanced Rock - The Tempest Wall FFA

Trip: Colchuck Balanced Rock - The Tempest Wall FFA: 8-30-09

Date: 8/30/2009

Trip Report:

At the end of the day. I don't really care who calls it what or how you climb it. Just go enjoy it. It climbs equally well as a .11 C1 the way that Sol describes it in his TR on the FA or as a free climb. Who cares?

When we were talking about it, it's always been Full Tilt so my topo reflects that. If Sol feels strongly about it I'd say let the name stand as The Tempest Wall.

It's a good name.

Does anyone know how to post a larger image of a topo? This thing is kind of hard to read.

Btw, the tape on my shoes was because i left them out one night and a snarfel hound eat the leather all down the sides so the laces were useless. ummmm, salty foot goo.

Full-Tilt-Topo.jpg

Heck Yea!! Nice Send.. ?You could call it the Full Tilt Pitch?. I cant wait to get in the stirrups myself!

It was good fortune that your shoe was blessed by the Snaffle Spirit. Mine was sacrificed the night before Dragons of Eden FA.

Beautiful climb, congrats to all. My 2 cents also would go to Full Tilt as the pitch name as part of the Tempest, commending the solid work by all and as the killer name for that pitch... but I am coming from 100% armchair status (though it wasn't always that way).

Awesome send on that pitch, epic photos too.

That route's a classic anywhere! Over my head, but appreciate it. Another pitch there looks like last pitch of South Face on Prusik, but even better. You all must have had some great times up there.

Nice! I edited it so it shows the photo at full size...do you have a larger sized one?

to show full size just remove "/medium" from the URL that the photo upload button give you.

fotos

you really like to make a person work. some kinda strange compensatory projection straight outta Lazy B?

Someones gotta work - the lazy B can do strange things to a guy ... changes a man.

so that's why i never see you at equinox: too much work.

you better get out there; the season's just startin' with new routes just waiting for ya!

Bump. We'd like to include this route in the NWMJ short reports section. If anyone knows how to get in touch with motomata please send me a pm.

Thanks a ton,

Rad

ps. Any repeats?