flag@whitehouse.gov

akhalteke

• Replies 187
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Great. I wasn't aware that what you got going here was under any threat by the current proposals.

The fear is that what is being tabled is a "trojan horse"...

Oh I see, so all the arguments about how these proposals are going to take away people's freedom and all that is based on a hypothetical fear rather than the legislation that's actually being proposed? Now I get it Wow...Great stuff...God, this country is stupid.

yeah, we need intellectuals like you to show us the truth.

fuck off Prole you POS

Huh, so you're defending a group of people selling a line of bullshit based on a non-existing hypothetical scenario which would have the effect of denying people health care, but when the blatant falsehood is revealed by their own language, I'm the POS. Got it.

Great. I wasn't aware that what you got going here was under any threat by the current proposals.

Oh I see, so all the arguments about how these proposals are going to take away people's freedom and all that is based on a hypothetical fear rather than the legislation that's actually being proposed? Now I get it. Wow...Great stuff...God, this country is stupid.

Being the rational guy that I am, I'll convert to an employer sponsored plan to capture the tax subsidy that I'm not currently entitled to as an individual paying premiums out of pocket.

Given that unless I open my own business, my total compensation will be a combination of money-wages + benefits, I have an interest in maximizing the benefits of health insurance while minimizing the costs. If all employers have to satisfy federal guidelines for the plans they offer in five year, per the current legislation, there's a very real risk that I'll be forced to fork over quite a bit more money for a plan that's been distorted by an infinite number of lobbying groups that secured special favors from the government.

That could be the unions that are currently trying to keep Safeway style prevention incentives out of health insurance plans, or the Unified Confederation of Boutique Fertility Clinics that want 84 year old monks forced into carrying insurance that covers what they're selling. Either way, that's going to translate into higher premiums and and lower cash wages - so I do have that at stake. I also suspect that in the hunt for revenue to fund whatever plan they've proposed, on top of the general hostility that most advocates of single-payer and/or public-option plans have to catastrophic/HSA plans - they'll be legislated out of existence.

Massachusetts imposed a $2,000/$4,000 cap on out of pocket expenses for plans that can be sold there. Couple that with a laundry list of other mandates and you've got one of the most expensive insurance markets in the nation with no mechanism for containing premiums other than price controls. You can use price controls to hold down nominal prices, but not the actual costs, and when the prices no longer cover the costs of bringing forward the goods and services that go into providing care - the inevitable result is shortages, since there's no longer a mechanism for coordinating supply with demand.

In MA, one consequence of the reforms is that more people have insurance, which is great. Unfortunately - there weren't enough primary care physicians in the state to begin with, thanks largely to Medicare's RBRVS price fixing scheme and whatever other factors make MA a crappy place to be a PCP - and now it's next to impossible to get a PCP if you don't already have one. As in, "even some tenured medical professors at Brigham and Women's hospital can't get a PCP" hard. End result - it's much harder to get a timely appointment if you're feeling sick, even if you can get a doctor - and guess what happens to ER volumes when people can't wait six weeks to see their family doc? They've moved in a particular direction, and it hasn't been down. Lower costs and better care? Actually, no - and heaven help the folks that depend on Boston Medical Center for their care, since that hospital has about two years before financial collapse under the new MA plan.

Given that large elements of the MA plan seem to have served a template for the plan the democrats are putting forward, there's plenty to be concerned about even if I can still buy catastrophic coverage for the foreseeable future...

Oh I see, so all the arguments about how these proposals are going to take away people's freedom and all that is based on a hypothetical fear rather than the legislation that's actually being proposed? Now I get it Wow...Great stuff...God, this country is stupid.

fuck off Prole you POS

Huh, so you're defending a group of people selling a line of bullshit based on a non-existing hypothetical scenario which would have the effect of denying people health care, but when the blatant falsehood is revealed by their own language, I'm the POS. Got it.

your demagoguery and snake-oil products are no different than those you criticize

Edited by KaskadskyjKozak

fuck off Prole you POS

your demagoguery and snake-oil products are no different than those you criticize

Whatever the fuck that means, you part-tard.

there's nothing "American" about Prole.

Oooo, here's a good opportunity to launch into a crypto-racist proclamation about the "real America" you learned from your pick for VP. How is the alternate-reality presidency you predicted coming along?

Wait wait wait just a damn minute, back the F up here! What the hell is a "cunt debtor" anyway? Even Google is letting me down on that one. I'm not moving past it so we might as well stop and examine it right now.

Besides, it's said that the site noted in the title has been taken down by the Whitehouse.

Oooo, here's a good opportunity to launch into a crypto-racist proclamation about the "real America" you learned from your pick for VP. How is the alternate-reality presidency you predicted coming along?

racist? you are a white boy aren't you?

I don't understand the line of questioning you're taking here. Can you elaborate a little so I can answer your question?

Noun 1. prole - a member of the working class (not necessarily employed); "workers of the world--unite!"

proletarian, worker

Sounds like the definition of commie scum to me, and that's the name you have chosen for yourself.