flag@whitehouse.gov

akhalteke

it's not fair that we have to pay for our medical insurance, americans work way to hard. i think the government would do a better job running our lives if you ask me.

:shock: Behold that which 18 years of public education hath wrought. Your journey is complete, Piggy. Now, if only Prole and j_b were as honest.

• Replies 187
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

the health care industry is a behemoth. rapid, massive change will only fuck it up in different ways, probably netting a worse outcome (more expensive, worse average care)...

I agree with you there-at least as far as the likely outcome.

I heard on Bill Moyer last week that the pharmaceuticals have won an agreement with at least one of the committees involved that no legislation will allow any public program to negotiate drug prices and they also got an agreement to extend some patent periods.

In that kind of a "reform" program the insurance companies can't be far behind. What we are likely to get is a massive government subsidy of private business, more consolidation and price setting control handed over to the "free market," more bankruptcies, and less essential services available for those who can't pay through the nose.

At least the confused angry mobs of white folks are well informed...

What purpose is there in injecting into the discussion a racial element, without including issues of supporting relevance, except to portray yourself as a racist asshole?

Any public meeting in a southern state is more than likely multi-ethnic/racial in attendees.

Gary, you ever been to Asheville? Didn't think so.

Been to the vicinity of Asheville many times. My grandfather lived in Hendersonville.

But that's not the point.

The point is someone stated it would be a diverse crowd protesting healthcare in a southern state. I produced a counter-example within a minute of googling. That is all.

Gary, you ever been to Asheville? Didn't think so.

Been to the vicinity of Asheville many times. My grandfather lived in Hendersonville.

But that's not the point.

The point is someone stated it would be a diverse crowd protesting healthcare in a southern state. I produced a counter-example within a minute of googling. That is all.

In a place with a population that is 99.9999999999999999% white? What, is this disinformation or idiocy? Has to be one or the other. Asheville might as well be New Hampshire; clearly not "the South."

In a place with a population that is 99.9999999999999999% white? What, is this disinformation or idiocy? Has to be one or the other. Asheville might as well be New Hampshire; clearly not "the South."

Googling again.. looks like 78% white in 2000, and should be more diverse now.

http://www.epodunk.com/cgi-bin/popInfo.php?locIndex=19077

That would mean in that photo, one in five people should have been nonwhite.

This is too easy.

Googling again.. looks like 78% white in 2000, and should be more diverse now.

http://www.epodunk.com/cgi-bin/popInfo.php?locIndex=19077

That would mean in that photo, one in five people should have been nonwhite.

This is too easy.

Wow Gary, learn a little bit about Asheville. Since the year 2000 (your census data) Asheville has turned into a haven for wanna be hippies from New England. Wanna guess what their races are? Wanna guess what that did to the housing prices in Asheville? Wanna guess what that did to the racial aggregate?

Regardless Gary, you picked the whitest town in NC and used it as evidence that that this is somehow a white-only affair. You should go tongue Michael Moore's balls and see if he will let you be one of his chief dis-information "fact-finders."

Yawn. I presented a sample size of several hundred. You present a sample size of 3.

Look, it's trivial for me to keep playing this game, especially because the burden is on you to verify your hypothesis.

Jackson, MS. 28% white.

http://jacksonms.areaconnect.com/statistics.htm

Tea Party protest from Jackson, MS (photo not embedded here because it's too large)

http://msteaparty.ning.com/photo/jackson-ms-tea-party-4152009-23?context=latest

The point is if you go to a ballgame, the mall, the DMV, a public beach, you will see a diverse population that is representative of the whole population. If you go to a Tea Party / Healthcare Protest, the population does not seem diverse.

Healthcare should not be determined based on one's ethnicity, gender, etc.

So how come all the healthcare protesters seem overwhelmingly Caucasian?

Something smells rotten, and we're not in Denmark.

If so-called progressives want to tax and buy insurance for citizens who are un(der) insured--fine.

Oh, so you're cool with the Obama plan, then. Oh wait, now you'll need create a red herring...

But my "side" isn't going to stand for single payer or anything that points us down that road.

And of course, you'll be sure to let us know how the talk-radio blowhards and the Do-Nothing Party defines "anything", won't you?

Yawn. I presented a sample size of several hundred. You present a sample size of 3.

Look, it's trivial for me to keep playing this game, especially because the burden is on you to verify your hypothesis.

Jackson, MS. 28% white.

http://jacksonms.areaconnect.com/statistics.htm

Tea Party protest from Jackson, MS (photo not embedded here because it's too large)

http://msteaparty.ning.com/photo/jackson-ms-tea-party-4152009-23?context=latest

The point is if you go to a ballgame, the mall, the DMV, a public beach, you will see a diverse population that is representative of the whole population. If you go to a Tea Party / Healthcare Protest, the population does not seem diverse.

Healthcare should not be determined based on one's ethnicity, gender, etc.

So how come all the healthcare protesters seem overwhelmingly Caucasian?

Something smells rotten, and we're not in Denmark.

Hey Gary, you trying to say that there aren't black people in that picture? lol Back to the books eh bud! I presented a small sample on purpose tool. It was pointing out your ridiculous example of Asheville, NC as a typical southern town.

If you are going to use evidence, you might want to look at it before you post it up here. You will look stupid. Well, dumber than you already look after challenging a mentally handicapped child to a war of words.

Keep on truckin' spandex boy.

He's been that way ever since his true IQ was revealed to him. And all this time he thought....

Right, I could adapt to the ways of the Tvash. Lying about building a handblown glass table and engaging in self-masturbatory monologues while spewing various unrelated trivia to make people take me serious all the while pretending to be independently wealthy and an ex-specfor operative.

Nah, I got a good thing going now. I'll put it on the back burner for now.

Hey Gary, you trying to say that there aren't black people in that picture? lol

I looked at that picture from Jackson pretty closely, seems to me that there's 3 or 4 black people in that crowd, and one of them is a cop who's at work, and another is walking away. In a town with a 28% white population, it sure looks like the Teabaggers in Jackson MS are indeed overwhelmingly white.

Hey Gary, you trying to say that there aren't black people in that picture? lol

I looked at that picture from Jackson pretty closely, seems to me that there's 3 or 4 black people in that crowd, and one of them is a cop who's at work, and another is walking away. In a town with a 28% white population, it sure looks like the Teabaggers in Jackson MS are indeed overwhelmingly white.

so what is your point?