[TR] Index - Aid-Solo City Park/Sloe Children - C1 6/29/2009

ivan

Trip: Index - Aid-Solo City Park/Sloe Children - C1

Date: 6/29/2009

Trip Report:

lungsore and whooped, tangled in febrile webs sucking out my very soul, i returned to tvash's lair sunday evening after a humiliating retreat from thin red line - tvash, who had been pre-soakign his aging testicles in icewater en route home in preparation for a night of no-chastity w/ a stable-full of nubile sodomites, did not out of christian-charity ask me to vacate his abode, but the impending moans and screams of satiation implored me to seek a saner shelter to salve my wounded constitution

so to joshk's it was - we were to head off for the alpine soon, but first he was taking an old buddy car-camping, as occasionally getting wasted in the woods shows us the flip side of getting wasted sitting around our living rooms - i needed to find something to do other than sit around a yuppie-abattoir w/ a yellow-eyed, cat noir, but nothing too strenous that would find me wasted my whole month long vacation in lingering sickness - so why not something on the lower town walls of index? previously i'd only been to the upper walls and knew the walk was beyond me, especially w/ overnight shit and aid-solo gear - stealing josh's copy of "sky valley rock" (curiously unused :) ) i set out after josh departed the scene monday morning, be suring to screw my head on nice n' tight before exposing meself to torrid seattle area rush hour traffic

after a shitty BK breakfeast and a perky chat w/ the family, a comfortable continent away, i was arrived in the luxorious, opulent abode of index - i wandered around w/ the guide until i found somethign promising, the ancient classic of "city park"

CityPark_002.jpg

a truly excellent candidate for a solo-aid climb - perfect gear placements at the base for upperward pulls and a short bolt ladder to stimulating, nuts-only C1

CityPark_001.jpg

the soundtrack on my bigblaster - inxs' first LP - auto-erotic asphyixators alwasy do it for me :)

CityPark_003.jpg

cool crack - i really only used 3 nuts the whole way, constantly cleanign and replacing them

CityPark_004.jpg

back on the ground after rapping my haul line, having cleaned a bit of gear on the way down

CityPark_005.jpg

the second pitch went smooth as well, with some fun free climibng thrown in for the aid-soler (just remember to feed the gri-gri monster first!)

on the city benches, with evening setting in and sickness settled over me, i set up my camp on the first bolt of "giant sized baby-thing", figuring that'd keep me out of the way if anybody below was feeling like doing sloe children in the twilight - no takers though to interupt the continous pimpfest that ensued - good christ, i thought, did i really only bring a half-liter of merlot? i'm not thaaaat sick...

CityPark_007.jpg

a sweet place for a solo ledge - no room for more really - a fine ledge to set your favorite distractions too, mine including "salt" and a flagoon of paltry wine - many thanks to moof, who loaned me the old fish-ledge i used w/ him on "mideast crisis" in yosylum

CityPark_009.jpg

not a bad bedroom view

CityPark_008.jpg

a parcel of dead soldiers

CityPark_013.jpg

a diaphonous dish-rag on the glooming peaks of the eastern hills

CityPark_011.jpg

ah, macro-setting, how i love you! now how did i manage to fuck my finger up this much while wearign gloves?

CityPark_012.jpg

moon set over index

CityPark_014.jpg

CityPark_016.jpg

a long dark teatime of the soul - towards 9 an unearthly explosion from the 2 came roiling over the hills - thick black smoke billowed into the sky until all color faded from the night - emergency vehicles sped up and down, but by the morrow the blackened corpses cared for and mighty commerce once again enabled - i woke after a night of amorous ambitions, plagued by gypsy dreams, refreshed and sun-brightened - collapsed my bullshit and managed to finish sloe children and return to the anchor as the first party of the day arrived at my ledge

what a route sloe children must be to free! sweet jesus, bring something like a dozen yellow and red aliens? for the aid-solist, a tiny nut was needed for the last move onto the anchor ledge

met up w/ friends of friends at the base - hightimes ensued - adjurned to the skykomish below the bridge for extended debauchery - then the long highway home back to josh and the Next Adventure!

Gear Notes:

p1 - offset small to medium nutz

p2 - handsized gear

p3 - all the .5 and below cams you can carry, plus a tiny aid nut for the top and 2 .75s - i also found a blue/green and green/yellow hybrid alien very handy at the very top and bottom

Approach Notes:

over the traintracks and through the spooky forest

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

those boots look big and clumsy...

yeah, managed to leave my house a week ago w/ 400 lbs of personal gear but NOT my running shoes :)

and actually i love aiding in the boots as they're very light and free climb well too, but more than 1 trip and the rubbing blows out the toes, which kinda sucks when they're 285$ :)

Your debautchery and hedonism is an inspiration to the U-tube generation but not I. Not I.

Smoking kills.

Please do not post such wittless examples of misplaced ambitions again.

I am referring of course, to the haul line crossing below the last quickdraw.

I had no idea you smoked Camels. I thought for sure it would be Pall Mall's. Very nice bedroom.

rolling my own american spirits at the moment - i'm so bad at rolling that the resulting hate-fuck experience serves well to minimize lighting up :)