Slumdog Millionaire

kevbone

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

OMG! I thought this post was about Levi:

A rep for the Palin family is slamming Levi Johnston the 19-year-old father of Bristol Palin's newborn son -- for blabbing about the couple's sex life on the Tyra Banks Show.

"We're disappointed that Levi and his family, in a quest for fame, attention and fortune, are engaging in flat-out lies, gross exaggeration, and even distortion of their relationship," Meghan Stapleton tells Usmagazine.com in a statement Friday.

"Bristol's focus will remain on raising Tripp, completing her education, and advocating abstinence," Stapleton continues. "It is unfortunate that Levi finds it more appealing to exploit his previous relationship with Bristol than to contribute to the well being of the child."

"Bristol realizes now that she made a mistake in her relationship and is the one taking responsibility for their actions," Stapleton concludes.

Anyone see this movie?

Best picture my ass......I suppose if you like watching torture of 6 year olds you will like this movie.

I give it 2 stars out of 5.

There's a good lesson in that movie...especially when they do the aerial views of the slums. The most down 'n out hobo in America lives better than that and much of the world doesn't.

Watch that film and be humbled. No matter how crappy you think your life might be, most of the world lives crappier.

I thought it was a terrific movie. I loved the combination of music and visuals. The story was both disturbing and a total fairy tale. I didn't get that "I've seen this before" feeling that I usually get from Hollywood and it kept me engaged from start to finish.

I can't say that it deserved to win since I haven't seen any of the other nominated movies but it certainly deserved to be on the list. I was happy that it won given that it has no star power. Speaking of which, how the hell did Brad Pitt get nominated?! He's terrible.

OK, he was good in that one and is generally good in comedies but I've found him lacking as a dramatic actor. I always see him as acting in those roles and can't lose myself in the characters like with better actors. He's been in some great movies despite his performances IMO and Benjamin Button could be one of those.