Netbooks?

Fairweather

Anyone use one of these? I'm in need of web access, portability, and word processing--tired of racing around with a thumb drive from work to home to school and back. I don't want to lug a full-on laptop around. Anyone loaded Word 07 onto one using a transfer method (no optical drive)? The 16/32GB (flash) C drive sounds weak, but I'll be using it for web and word only. Anyone?

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

They are nice...the only thing to watch for is that the keyboards on them can suck...really badly. I have an MSI Wind. The keyboard has little keys for some things that suck pretty bad. Just try typing on whichever one you're going to get before you buy it. You can always get a cheap USB optical drive to go with it FYI.

My boss had one. White plastic about one third the size of a average sized laptop. I played with it for a few hours and didn't like it much. Monochromatic screen was too simple.

Maybe I'm spoiled but i would just as soon have a small laptop.

Temporary cease fire? Prisoner exchange? U have me on ignore--or maybe it's mod-imposed separation. IAS/American Studies at UW Tacoma.

Next up:

Philosophical Perspectives on the Environment 363

History of Native American Cultures of the North Pacific Coast 464

American Foreign Policy in the 21st Century 321

P.S. This is all very confidential.

He did. He's just shy about sharing the details of his seminar group. Half of them are transgendered and the rest are "diversity" students.

(Wink: I'm laughing with you rather than against you here, Fairweather. It sounds like you're taking some good classes.)

my last year of college i needed a final 400 level history class - i felt like i knew everything and wanted something totally bananas that i didn't have a clue about - the first offering of "the history of homosexuality" was that semester - what a trip - the whole class could easily be spent looking at my class-mates going "nope - yup - yup - deeeeefintely yup - both?" an enlightened prof firsure though - one fine day he moved the class outside onto The Lawn (spectacular scenery if you've ever been to the u of va) and he let me smoke during class! pissed my father off no end when he found out what his dime was helping pay for :)

what'd he say?

well, him being an army colonel, i pretty much learned from an early stage in life to stand up strait when he lit into me and not pay a damn bit of attention to a single word :)

oh, and after that, to go upstairs and clean my room and await an inspection.... :lmao:

I was raised by a single dad who's an artist and won't even kill spiders. How did we turn out the way we did?

pretty simple, no? - we become the opposite of what our parents want - which is why i take my kids to snake-handling church every sunday and then encourage the use of hard core drugs the whole way home!