Mid-Week Index or Exit 38?

CollinWoods

Now that there are longer days and better weather (hopefully, maybe, we’ll see) Mattp and I have talked about making mid-week climbing trips after work to either Index or Exit 38. Is anyone else up to this or have any other good ideas? Maybe we could set up a car pool or something… What do you all think?

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Braydon, that is what i was wondering myself. What time works best for everyone? I get out at 1:40 but was hoping i can hich a ride and split gas. I can meet any one around Bothell or other near by places.

Yeah I don't think this would work now but when I'm done with track I'll be able to leave at 2:30

Braydon, that is what i was wondering myself. What time works best for everyone? I get out at 1:40 but was hoping i can hich a ride and split gas. I can meet any one around Bothell or other near by places.

Yeah I don't think this would work now but when I'm done with track I'll be able to leave at 2:30

Brandon, sounds good.

Only on weekends and during the summer, Frank. Thanks alot though, if you ever want to hit it up this summer, i would be more than happy too. Im looking out my window and its raining pretty hard (this sucks) we can decide if it will be worth it monday or tuesday. It looks like it might rain but lets hope for the best.

Only on weekends and during the summer, Frank. Thanks alot though, if you ever want to hit it up this summer, i would be more than happy too. Im looking out my window and its raining pretty hard (this sucks) we can decide if it will be worth it monday or tuesday. It looks like it might rain but lets hope for the best.

Ah, I'm off on break so I'll have to pass this week anyways, but in the near future and all summer I'll be around hopefully

I have a really mellow quarter coming up, so I should be available almost any day except thursday. Also: my floor (though rather small) is always open if any of you folks want to hit vantage or leavenworth and need somewhere to crash. I'm just getting back into climbing, so I'd gladly tag along anywhere someone's willing to put up with/teach me.

Great stoke guys!

I'd be interested in picking a day (my vote is Tuesday) that could be an "anyone that shows- meet at the crag after work" weekly ritual that could be ongoing from April through June. Pick a day and go. On rainy days it could be world wall 1 (stays dry in the rain) and on dry days it could be anywhere else around north bend. Index is tough for Seattle folk to battle traffic for a few hours of after work cragging.

It could be a set in stone ongoing thing. :brew:

--------------------------

As for after work belayers, sadly many of the regulars at my Seattle Climbing Gym only ever seem to talk about outdoor climbing and seem to instead be content to climb outside once every seven weeks at best. Many would rather yard away on the same 3-4 indoor routes on the overhanging lead wall month after month and then wonder why they climb a full number grade less on footworky routes at places like smith.