• Announcements

• olyclimber

WELCOME TO THE CASCADECLIMBERS.COM FORUMS   02/03/18

We have upgraded to new forum software as of late last year, and it makes everything here so much better!  It is now much easier to do pretty much anything, including write Trip Reports, sell gear, schedule climbing related events, and more. There is a new reputation system that allows for positive contributors to be recognized,  it is possible to tag content with identifiers, drag and drop in images, and it is much easier to embed multimedia content from Youtube, Vimeo, and more.  In all, the site is much more user friendly, bug free, and feature rich!   Whether you're a new user or a grizzled cascadeclimbers.com veteran, we think you'll love the new forums. Enjoy!
Sign in to follow this  
corvallisclimb

name that route!

I don't really know what we did haha, Alan put it in the book as this...

"Adams/Emde Variation (5.8 X) Mixed to 3 inches. You can make and already bad route much worse by following this dangerous variation. From the anchor atop The Quickie, step left past two bolts before stepping back right to a flake system. Climb a freaky, hollow sounding flake the size of a Boeing 737's wing and traverse left across a crumbling slab, arrange a sketchy belay anchor. Traverse far left on easy rock (5.4) before joining the third pitch of the regular route."

LOL!

I got it. The raincoat is the giveaway....that and the name on the tag. I don't think I would have gotten it without cheating, have done that route perhaps 4-6 times...maybe more. It's a good one when you go to Smith and find the unexpected rain.

ho chi mihn.
is that on the red wall at smiff or am i totally making that up?

havne't climbed anything on that wall since i started aiding - i've done paper tiger, superslab, amphetamine grip, and moscow - where'zit in realtion to any of those - shit, maybe i'll even buy the guidebook somedya? :)

Just left of Peking. One of the three original routes to the top. You would enjoy it a lot about A2 dont need a ton of pins or anything just a couple las and angles maybe a bigger beak or two. P1 5.6 P2 A2 P3 A2

must make the gumyb hordes on moscow and superslab doa double take :)

Marks' photo is the money pitch on Birds in a Rut. After seeing that i may need to go climb it this weekend.

JL

sick_ass.jpg

Tyler, you rappin off the south bunny ear with the north one on the rt?