Help! Need free medical advice!

rob

Hi! I've got some non-specific pain in my wrist. I think it may be some form of repetitive stress injury. It hurts when I form an "o" with my thumb and fingers and move my wrist up and down. I have medical insurance and access to competent doctors, but I thought it would be better to ask random strangers online for dubious medical advice instead.

Can somebody please diagnose my soft-tissue injury online, sight-unseen? Instant remedies and speculation are welcome! I'd especially love to hear unrelated stories about similar pain you once had.

I was planning on using my wrist this weekend, but now my plans are in jeapordy! :cry:

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi! I've got some non-specific pain in my wrist. I think it may be some form of repetitive stress injury. It hurts when I form an "o" with my thumb and fingers and move my wrist up and down. I have medical insurance and access to competent doctors, but I thought it would be better to ask random strangers online for dubious medical advice instead.

Can somebody please diagnose my soft-tissue injury online, sight-unseen? Instant remedies and speculation are welcome! I'd especially love to hear unrelated stories about similar pain you once had.

I was planning on using my wrist this weekend, but now my plans are in jeapordy! :cry:

Who pissed in your corn flakes this morning?

• 1 month later...

nah you can mess up the tendons that form the anatomical snuffbox through repetitive stress. mine collapsed after I spent the fall running power tools (weed whacker, chain saw) and working with other garden implements. doc prescribed me some diclofenac sodium (a NSAID) to get the swelling to go down. Had me ice it and stop working with that equipment.