McCain/Palin: zero economic credentials

Gary_Yngve

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Actually, if you compare the four people before us, Obama is by far the better speaker out of all by far. So no, I don't.

You could make a honest debate over other issues, but your candidate of choice (and his VP) don't even come close to Obama's ability to speak.

:lmao::lmao: Both of the VP candidates out-speak their bosses. Obama cannot speak unprompted. Take another look between now and election day. The debates will likely reveal this too.

I've seen Obama interviewed several times. He's intelligent, articulate, has a decent sense of humor, and actually answers the questions asked. Even his critics agree on this. His poise is simply not an issue outside your tiny mind.

In light of staggering deficits, rising unemployment, and of the collapse of Lehman, Merril Lynch, Bear Sterns, Freddie and Fannie, etc., McCain (as of this morning) still thinks the fundamentals of the U.S. economy are sound.

I think I'm almost converted here.

This video did not come from Fox News so it can not be taken seriously. The fundamentals of our economy (lend money to people and institutions that cannot afford to repay it)is sound.

Any thoughts on perhaps the economic policies and oversight over the last eight years having to do with an expectation of a huge windfall of oil revenue from some middle eastern country that was invaded, I mean liberated, by the U.S.? You know to save them, us and the rest of the world from weapons of mass destruction?

But wait, Obama and Hilary voted for that invasion! It's their fault! Meds, I need my meds!!! :provoke:

Mi naime Sarah, I naim my kides for whut I lik to du. I naime mi kidd tracke cuz I lik to run. I naime mi uther kid trig cuz I lik to shute guns.

Mi naime Farewethrr, I alwais whant to poste on an furum, I thinc Sarah be guud preznint cuz she so prety an an she beleve dinasowers liv onley 6,000 yeers agoe.

I thinc bolt and krab and nut-tool wud bi guud naimes for mi kids, cuz I kan re... rela... re-lait... be lik Sara.

It's interesting to compare Obama and McCain's rise to power.

Obama was an accomplished scholar from a poor background who entered a life of public service. He's a man of hard work and a sense of high moral duty.

McCain was born with a brass spoon in his mouth. This ensured his survival at the Naval Academy; an institution that surely would have rejected his lazy, party-boy ass had it not been for his high ranking father.

He was then elected to congress based on his status as a 'war hero', bestowed upon him not for any heroic deeds in battle, but simply because he was shot down and captured. After several extra-marital affairs, he jettisoned his long suffering wife and married into an enormous fortune that secured for a him a life time war chest for his political campaigns. McCain has proven that he is principled for exactly as long as it suits his ambition; he's caved on drilling, caved on torture, and he'll cave on any other issue if the political winds begin to blow against him. He's got the spine of a slinky, the morals of a frat boy, and the work ethic of a drunk, and the judgement of a gambler; one of his favorite pasttimes, incidentally.

Everyone's focusing on Palin right now, but historically, McCain could have chosen Osama bin Laden as a running mate and it wouldn't have played much of a role in the election. It's about McCain and Obama, not their running mates. Palin's just the side show of the week, albeit an entertaining one, considering how obviously ignorant, poorly educated, and under-qualified she is.

Show me the numbers. Do you honestly think Obama will lower (or leave static) taxes on the bottom 95% of Americans? Seriously?

It's the exact same thing Clinton did, he raised taxes on only the rich. The top 5 percent. Like Warren Buffet said, something's wrong when he can make billions and only get taxed at 17% (and that's without ANY loopholes), and his secretary who makes 60k annual pays 30%.

Honestly Fairweather all kidding aside you seem intelligent. How can you buy all the television propaganda crap? Why the huge mortgage collapse? Why are the taxpayers footing the bill through even more loans? What party bears the majority responsibility of the deregulation that caused all this? Billions of dollars, was it just an accident or by design?

The dems aren't all that much better but damn how much pain does the working class need to suffer?

Show me the numbers. Do you honestly think Obama will lower (or leave static) taxes on the bottom 95% of Americans? Seriously?

With a 450 point drop in the Dow today, approx $100 BIL was lost in retirement accounts, pension funds and other mutual funds.

Do the people running this legalized pyramid scheme have an R after their name perhaps?

It's interesting to compare Obama and McCain's rise to power.

Obama was an accomplished scholar from a poor background who entered a life of public service. He's a man of hard work and a sense of high moral duty.

McCain was born with a brass spoon in his mouth. This ensured his survival at the Naval Academy; an institution that surely would have rejected his lazy, party-boy ass had it not been for his high ranking father.

He was then elected to congress based on his status as a 'war hero', bestowed upon him not for any heroic deeds in battle, but simply because he was shot down and captured. After several extra-marital affairs, he jettisoned his long suffering wife and married into an enormous fortune that secured for a him a life time war chest for his political campaigns. McCain has proven that he is principled for exactly as long as it suits his ambition; he's caved on drilling, caved on torture, and he'll cave on any other issue if the political winds begin to blow against him. He's got the spine of a slinky, the morals of a frat boy, and the work ethic of a drunk, and the judgement of a gambler; one of his favorite pasttimes, incidentally.

Everyone's focusing on Palin right now, but historically, McCain could have chosen Osama bin Laden as a running mate and it wouldn't have played much of a role in the election. It's about McCain and Obama, not their running mates. Palin's just the side show of the week, albeit an entertaining one, considering how obviously ignorant, poorly educated, and under-qualified she is.

To me, the absolute most telling thing about McCain is his caving on torture...