Chickenhawks

mtn_mouse

• Replies 213
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

WE already pay for them. And get shit in return.

Are you kidding? Our roads are pretty damn amazing if you ask me. By all accounts we've let maintenance of our infrastructure slide in recent years and I'm no traffic engineer but I have traveled a fair bit and I can't think of anywhere that the roads are vastly better than ours. Yes, there are some pretty sweet highways in Europe, but they pay more in taxes and much less of them actually drive on the roads than we do. Is that what you want?

You are joking, right? Roads in WA suck ass. When I moved here from CA, it was obvious. And whenever I leave the state it is immediately noticeable.

And I believe Hugh Cockway was talking about the 520 bridge replacement, BTW. I was answering with all the taxes we pay for these big projects - already - and what do we get in return? Shit.

Yes, they have nice roads in California. Are they really THAT much better than here? Maybe a little bit, but our roads are pretty damn nice. And California? Don't they have state income taxes? Do you have any idea how much they spend on their roads as compared to Washington?

I'm critical of DOT as much as the next guy but I think we have pretty good roads. Traffic jams in Seattle suck, but most if not pretty much all traffic and highway experts agree that we can't build our way out of the traffic jams. Only folks like your pals Tim Eyman and Dino Rossi use this as a political wedge.

We went over the 520 bridge a few weeks ago. I understand that you think it should be replaced and replaced right now and you should not have to pay a penny more whether in taxes or tolls but do you really have any basis for whether this is realistic?

You are joking, right? Roads in WA suck ass. When I moved here from CA, it was obvious. And whenever I leave the state it is immediately noticeable.

So lemme get this straight - you like what California gets from all of its high taxes - you just don't want to pay them. :lmao:

I want, I want, I want

you sound like a libtard KKK

So lemme get this straight - you like what California gets from all of its high taxes - you just don't want to pay them. :lmao:

I want, I want, I want

you sound like a libtard KKK

How's the emigration process going? :wave:

I find roads in Montana to be better than WA:

linky

:wave:

Montana has a state income tax. I don't know how the budge works but they do have a nice interstate maintained with federal dollars, and a network of state roads that receive very little traffic.

look at the chart man.

And the differential between total tax burden per capita in CA vs. WA is not that great - a couple of 100 dollars a year.

OK, this thread has almost run its course. Let's bring Anne Coulter into the discussion now.

Yes, we could go round in circles forever. We have no idea what the State spends on roadway maintenance and construction, nor how this stacks up with other states, or what it would cost to make overall improvements to what we have and how that would stack up.

It boils down to this: you are critical of everything the government does just as a matter of principal and I argue that, yes, they are corrup and inefficient -- but so is private business. I actually think our government is OK even if our president is a crook and our State governor mediocre. You think our government sucks, and the president is mediocre while the governor is a crook.

OK, this thread has almost run its course. Let's bring Anne Coulter into the discussion now.

Yes, we could go round in circles forever. We have no idea what the State spends on roadway maintenance and construction, nor how this stacks up with other states, or what it would cost to make overall improvements to what we have and how that would stack up.

It boils down to this: you are critical of everything the government does just as a matter of principal and I argue that, yes, they are corrup and inefficient -- but so is private business. I actually think our government is OK even if our president is a crook and our State governor mediocre. You think our government sucks, and the president is mediocre while the governor is a crook.

Mistrusting the government and power in general is healthy. Questioning where our money goes is my right, and also wise.

Mistrusting the government and power in general is healthy. Questioning where our money goes is my right, and also wise.

Agreed. However, you have more than a healthy mistrust for government -- you fear that expansion of even an existing and by all accounts highly efficient and successful medicare insurance system would lead to state sponsored oppression. Conversely, you show no apparent mistrust for power in the form of corporate greed. Whether it is big tobacco or the military industrial complex, you argue for "free market" efficiency -- or do I misconstrue?

As to questionning where your money goes -- when was the last time you actually did this? You complain about how bad our roads are or lament the possibility that there might be a toll on a new 520 bridge but I have not seen where you took even the smallest step to research what the revenue and budget issues actually are.

3) Yes, daily.

Really. I dont hear about daily attacks on American soil. Which news is reporting it? If you are referring to Americans being attacked in Iraq.....do you blame that county? If Iraq occupied America....would you want them out?

Did they attack us on our soil? Before we occupied Iraq.

If it were Iraquis, then no; but it isn't.

3) Yes, daily.

Really. I dont hear about daily attacks on American soil. Which news is reporting it? If you are referring to Americans being attacked in Iraq.....do you blame that county? If Iraq occupied America....would you want them out?

Did they attack us on our soil? Before we occupied Iraq.

If it were Iraquis, then no; but it isn't.

We already took care of those terrorists:

1914_Panoramic_View_of_Iroquois.jpg