Most satisfying pitch ever...

RuMR

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On sighting the 10+/11- thin fingers splitter headwall pitch of the west face of NEWS during an October sunset with Mr. BobbyPeru providing the "attaboys" and "send it brahs" is probably my most satisfying pitch ever.

The position is incredible, the light was gorgeous, the larches were golden, it was my hardest trad lead to date, we had climbed two spires earlier in the day, and I was stoked. Very very stoked.

WAPass9-29_039.jpg

Thanks BP!

Mine was my 1st first ascent pitch ever, and having done it again since, still stands as one of the best and most satisfying pitches I've ever done.

Back of Beyond Buttress

Yes there is camera tilt in some photos, but fuck you, I'm belaying not shooting for magazines a-hole (dru)

136backofbeyond11.jpg

136IMG_11081.jpg

136IMG_1094.JPG

136IMG_11021.jpg

136backofbeyond07.jpg

Layton. Dude. Here's the deal about camera tilt: It doesn't make the climb any harder. It just makes you look like a goof, sort of like claiming that 5.6 you just climbed was a 5.10.

I'm sure the people I'm belaying while snapping pics won't mind me getting out my level so it doesn't appear that I'm trying to make what they are following look any harder.