Climbing movie pub club

billcoe

As I don't know everyones email address and I climb with a bunch of you, I'm putting this "Dirtbagger ball" notice here.

Mark your calendars for August 1st, Friday night, come over after work anytime that works for you for a hamburger and stay for the beer and a climbing movie. I'm thinking "Free climb", the Erikkson/Higgby FFA of NW Face of Half Dome that Robert Redford narrated but I'm not wedded to that one. If you have a better DVD bring it along although theres no guarantees I'll be able to get the TV to work if my kid isn't around. If not, we can pantomime the moves to our favorite routes and people can guess the route based on the pantomime.

Perhaps some old beater pins and trashed bashings for door prizes or something.

My house. If you think you should come then you should. If you've ever tied in with me then you should come. If you need directions ask anyone. If they don't know than ask me next.

I'll pick up a mini keg of Blue Heron and have cold sodas and a barbeque going with hamburgers, hot dogs and chips. No need to bring a damn thing unless you want to (vegetarians take note:-). Mention this to your climbing partners and invite them show up as well, as long as they're good folks they're welcome in my house.

As I am very bad at the whole social function gathering small talk etc etc, please excuse my laxity and oversights and jump in and help me out. Invite those who need inviting, open the door and warmly greet those who do show up at the house, cook the f*en hamburgers and hot dogs, show people where the beer and pop is, and fill in all the blank spots I'll be missing for sure.

See you then, expect the house to be filthy but the companionship to be genuine and warm. Furthermore, one more thing: I hope to have a finished copy of the New Cilogear Rockclimbing pack that Graham from Cilogear will want feedback on from all the engineer types and smart folks so he can refine and improve the design. He needs your help too.

Warm regards

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Let the record show Mr Bill Coe is as great a climber as he is a host and friend. I think no one would disagree that Bill is one of the most generous and kind people on this page.

And it probably doesnt hurt that his selection of booze is as vast and expensive as his gear collection :laf::grlaf:

Thanks Bill! Enjoyed myself as always! Ill have to host next time! Shannon and I agreed you are the better looking brother also ;)

Let the record show Mr Bill Coe is as great a climber as he is a host and friend. I think no one would disagree that Bill is one of the most generous and kind people on this page.

And it probably doesnt hurt that his selection of booze is as vast and expensive as his gear collection :laf::grlaf:

Thanks Bill! Enjoyed myself as always! Ill have to host next time! Shannon and I agreed you are the better looking brother also ;)

I have to quote this for posterity! Ha ha :lmao: Thank you for the compliment though John. For anyone who missed it, sorry, definitely come by next time and if you can belay worth a darn, lets get some laps in meantime! This means you to Paul! Say hi if you are down this way.

John, my brother is badgering me to do crossfit now, :) I think it was the tight shirt and bulging veins of your build, along with the pitch you tossed for it. Maybe this winter though, as I seem to be too busy now to commit.

:wave: