• Announcements

• olyclimber

WELCOME TO THE CASCADECLIMBERS.COM FORUMS   02/03/18

We have upgraded to new forum software as of late last year, and it makes everything here so much better!  It is now much easier to do pretty much anything, including write Trip Reports, sell gear, schedule climbing related events, and more. There is a new reputation system that allows for positive contributors to be recognized,  it is possible to tag content with identifiers, drag and drop in images, and it is much easier to embed multimedia content from Youtube, Vimeo, and more.  In all, the site is much more user friendly, bug free, and feature rich!   Whether you're a new user or a grizzled cascadeclimbers.com veteran, we think you'll love the new forums. Enjoy!
Sign in to follow this  
RuMR

youngest ascent of the grand wall, squamish...

That would be interesting to know.. I'm making plans for it and Im 15.. its probably been done by someone younger though... I wonder what the youngest ascent of Slesse's NEB is?

& the latest climbing mag has funny story about stanhope & kruk doing freeway at 13 to burn off their coaches or some such malarkey

Contact the SeattlePi and SeattleTimes. I'm sure they will sponsor your kid and do a nice story on him. With all the publicity I'm sure someone will step forward if they did it at a younger age.

But what's the point? Reminds me of Jessica Dubroff.

Dru.. do you know about Slesse's NEB? If I do it at 15 will it be a youngest ascent? Or do I have to lead everything for that to count?

The youngest ascent was when Dru climbed the route with his girlfriend - she'll be graduating from middle school next week.

Guys, This is a young man seeking good info.

Try to resist making him sift through the BS.

*If you are looking to be banned swiftly and for good.. spray in this forum!*

I don't know who made the youngest ascent of the NEB of Slesse but I suspect the age record at the moment is <14.

I don't know who made the youngest ascent of the NEB of Slesse but I suspect the age record at the moment is <14.

Hmm too late then... maybe ill get a youngest ascent when I go to the Pantheons in August...

I wish I could be so lucky.

I do have to comment though that its pretty badass if Rudy's 8 year old climbs the Grand Wall, even as a second.

I think that was mostly aimed at RuMR who asked Dru a question directly and then proceeded to spray at him in his own beloved Kid's forum.

he won't be leading so its not a real ascent...he's only 8...

First of all who cares? Second....."ascend" means to go up.....so if he climbs it aid or not he is still ascending.....got it!

getting toproped up something doesn't count in my book...according to him, it doesn't count in his either...

what is really cool about the little dude is that he recognizes the differences between a guided situation and a real team ascent...

told me, "Dad, when you get too old to lead, i'll be ready"...he already shreds on bolts...

getting toproped up something doesn't count in my book...according to him, it doesn't count in his either...

First of all Rumr....I thinks is great your son climbs....but you might want to think about your wording. You said ascent not free ascent. There is a difference. Don’t teach your son to be an elitist.

i'm teaching him to be totally, brutally honest about his abilities and achievements...

Now, pardon me, while i go beat my children some more...

Hmm too late then... maybe ill get a youngest ascent when I go to the Pantheons in August...

Well that shouldnt be too hard since there has been less than a handful of parties in there to climb

Where are you going/camping in the Pantheons ?

Contact the SeattlePi and SeattleTimes. I'm sure they will sponsor your kid and do a nice story on him. With all the publicity I'm sure someone will step forward if they did it at a younger age.

But what's the point? Reminds me of Jessica Dubroff.

hey Roy, I'm not sure what your angle is, but if you got some beef call me...

Edited by RuMR

Well that shouldnt be too hard since there has been less than a handful of parties in there to climb

Where are you going/camping in the Pantheons ?

Thge first week of August.. I think we a re base camping somewhre beneath that big face on Astarte.. it should be wicked.. we are in the mountains for a week..