PDX Pub Club Movie Night

John Frieh

Roll call cake eaters!

This:

vLpRydQ0jFY

is playing this week only at the Cinema 21 Theatre on NW 21st @ 7 pm only (so no whining about it being on the wrong side of the river).

Cash in that kitchen pass (or bring your wifee :grlaf:), come drink some :brew: and watch buff Germans climb an el cap route really fast. I heard pink climbed it once! :shock:

I vote for either Tuesday (tomorrow) or Thursday. Vote only if you are coming.

Whose in? Bill Coe, Ivan, DonnV and Cobra Commander: first round is on me :wazup:

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

john, you changed your post. i don't mind you calling me a shit head loverboy. anyway never climbed el cap. i just hitched a ride with chongo, needless to say you don't get very for throwin a thumb at another hitcher.

dudes! I'm in Mazatlan, can't make tues, and want to actually climb something thurs. so have a good time, love to join you folks otherwize. I'll bet thats a kick assed movie for sure.

Anyone want to burn some rocky butte laps thus, send me a note. Thanks for the invite John, hey, how about a movie night at your new home some night and people can bring a dvd. I just bought a copy of Erikkson and Higgby freeing half dome, narrated by robert redford. It should be in my mailslot from Chesstlers when I get home.

might could make it thursday - currently hoping my partner will rally from his recent alaska trip and go do liberty ridge w/ me starting htat day though - if not then jefferson, but if my parnters fall through on both fronts i'll just crag thursday and will be in attendance for the sick-film-fest!

I can't do tonight. Was given a couple extra days on the project from hell due to all that's been going on so must get it done. Thanks to AlpineDave my hands are working again. I want my life back now. And I want to climb!!!

Have fun, John! Give my best to Shannon please!!!

I think the movie running time is longer than the amount of time it took them to climb the nose :laf::sleep: :sleep: :sleep:

Its alright... I think they could have edited out a good portion of it. It should be pointed out that this documentary finished filming before they actually broke the nose speed record... it wasnt apparent (at least to me) from the trailer or the description so I sat through the whole movie waiting for them to fire the thing and then it ends. :wazup:

Something else that wasnt apparent in the trailer/description was they did some filming of the brothers attempting the cerro torre traverse... not so much the climbing (actually very little) it was more sitting around waiting for good weather... it was funny (at least to me) to listen to Dean Potter and the brothers hype how a big a deal/nearly impossible it is going to be to pull it off... guess they didnt know you needed to be a big baller for real :laf::wazup:

And speaking of the chongo and dean interviews made you feel like you had just read a kevbone thread :crosseye::grlaf:

With that said they have some solid footage of them firing off the boot flake, the great roof and some other famous features with ease. Also cool to see some of there speed tactics in action.

I'd say its a rental but not sure if/where you could rent it from

Whose in? Bill Coe, Ivan, DonnV and Cobra Commander: first round is on me :wazup:

Any chance you can call your credit card in so we can get the beer flowing cause I'm heading over tonight:-) :crazy:

Clearest description of a movie yet!

"And speaking of the chongo and dean interviews made you feel like you had just read a kevbone thread"
:lmao:

I'm blowing off family to get there tonight. Maybe I'll meet some sprayers?

BTW John, join us: Crackman and Syclone are signed up for belay duty tomorrow night (this is my mental interpretation:-), join in, Troy says @ 4:30, I may make that time - but for sure by 5:30 for me (hopefully sooner). Butte, routes to be determined fy the first person there, I recommend looking for a light grey (thats "grey", not "Ghey") Audi for a tip on location.

Anyone else?