I'm fucked

archenemy

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sea kayaking = check out Northwest Outdoor Center on Lake Union. Have shop space? Get a Pygmy Kayaks kit. Want a cool road trip? Check out Pygmy's shop in Port Townsend and test paddle their boats. Go to the annual sea kayak extravaganze in September. Check out the Wooden Boat Festival in mid-summer. Always several cool sea kayaks on display, some for sale, and builders to talk with.

arguably less strenuous than climbing too, because you dont have to carry all your overnight gear in your pack. Woohoo!

shit ya... let alone jam your hand in a crack make a fist and then fall on it...

i might have to try this here new drug sickie

Thats a December 2005 article and the price is for the kit. you actually have to build them yourself, and his is all put together.
Did I mention that I am retarded? And that I need anything in print to actually be explained to me? Jeez luis.

I thinkm this is a wee bit ambitious for me. Mostly, I would not be able to resist the temptation to lie everytime someone said, "Did you build that yourself?".

"Why, yes, I certainly did."

"And I won the Xtreme Kayaker's award with it last year."

Naw, better to just get plastic and save myself from the eternal fires of hell that await sport-liars.

arguably less strenuous than climbing too, because you dont have to carry all your overnight gear in your pack. Woohoo!

shit ya... let alone jam your hand in a crack make a fist and then fall on it...

I'll let you float my boat.

Soon as I get one.

Shoot, you can carry 80 lbs. of luxury gear and camp in super style. A well-designed sea kayak (by no means are all well-designed) won't ride or handle any differently with that much gear properly balanced fore and aft.

I'll let you float my boat.

Soon as I get one.

:moondance: :moondance: :moondance:I have been thinking i want to take up boating of some kind but i have been torn between taking sailing lessons and getting a speed boat so i can water ski.... I bet i kan practive kiaking in Fern Ditch :cool:

Have fun with it Arch. I've done a bunch of trips around Vancouver Island and out by La Push and the wildlife viewing and camping on the beach make for good times. It can get plenty scary in a sea kayak but when I read that you were fucked I figured you'd taken up whitewater kayaking because that is where lots more people seem to drown.

Oh, I'm learning how to sail this summer too. I have to keep myself busy or I get into trouble.

I am so right there with you

:fahq: :fahq:<-------bad bad bad Muffin

I am not quite ready to commit to the sailing lessons yet but it is on my list of things to do. Kaiaking in the lake i bet i can just get something cheep and goof around with the kiddos and learn to paddle around.