time to pry his rifle

RuMR

• Replies 227
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes. Citing anomolous, irrelevant and probably made up factoids plucked from Somewhere Out There In America to support a myth as broad as the 'Culture War' is propagandizing, whether or not the speaker actually believes his own bullshit or not. It's the oldest trick in the book. Make shit up, get 'em outraged...over nothing. Essentially, Heston's message was the 'Reglar White Guy Under Siege' bullshit, plucked from Founding Father's Fairyland where the LAPD is always polite and helpful, date rape is just the bitch changing her mind afterwards, and Free Speech is sacrosanct,...unless you're Ice T or anyone else who doesn't seem to live in your mythical, Main Street USA America (and who has the audacity to poke fun at such free speech advocates as Tipper Gore) of course.

One great thing about Heston's speeches; they were self contained. No Q and A required. His examples contradicted his positions far better than any detractors ever could.

Edited by tvashtarkatena

I am sensing some outrage.

Not much. Heston never made much of a real difference either way. He was fun for media fodder, that's about it. What amuses me are the morons here who actually think that his panderants had any quality, sincerity, or valid messages to them. Independent thought and action never had a worse spokesman.

Oh well. The world's a tough place. It's a tougher place when you're stupid.

In New York City, kids who don't speak a word of Spanish have been placed in bilingual classes to learn their three R's in Spanish solely because their last names sound Hispanic.

i'd actually support this, especially if, in spanish, more than 1 of the 3 r's actually started with a fucking r!

tvash don't self-loathe - he just loathes in general and indiscriminately.

In New York City, kids who don't speak a word of Spanish have been placed in bilingual classes to learn their three R's in Spanish solely because their last names sound Hispanic.

i'd actually support this, especially if, in spanish, more than 1 of the 3 r's actually started with a fucking r!

Yeah, what we need are children who are illiterate in *two* languages. Such great ROI from our public school system. :wave: